Long range elk

Don’t want to steal the thread but that 127LRX is a good bullet and I have killed a lot of animals with it. If I had to use a 6.5 for elk I would use that bullet and yes I would choose it over the hammer for elk.

I don't know about that. I can shoot my hammers 100 fps faster...speed!!!

I'm about to build a light weight 300 WM that shoots 150 grain mono's 3500 fps for my 600 yard and in gun.

My new goals in hunting are to get as close as possible to shoot them with a lighter weight bullet as fast as I can...I like when they do not run away.

I'm about to build a light weight 300 WM that shoots 150 grain mono's 3500 fps for my 600 yard and in gun.

My new goals in hunting are to get as close as possible to shoot them with a lighter weight bullet as fast as I can...I like when they do not run away.
If they don’t run, you’re taking half the fun out of it.

Reactions: TRICER
If they don’t run, you’re taking half the fun out of it.

Lol you mean 90% of the stress of hunting is after firing and before recovering. The 10 minutes last week between getting to where my elk was standing when I fired to finding her was beyond stressful...especially with no blood on the ground! I had to follow her tracks...started questioning everything and walked right by her the first time. Then on the way back i saw her piled up under the juniper.

Brother...one of these days we can sit down and talk about the shit show...HA!! But ya man. . nothing worse that losing an animal ..uggh.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu