Looking for a rifle scope under $100

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho
Does anyone have a rifle scope they wouldn't mind parting ways with? I know a good rifle scope can be a game changer but I cant afford to drop a few hundred dollars on a scope at the moment. I've been gathering my gear for this year on a budget and have thankfully found some deals for some of the equipment I have needed. I wanted to know it anyone has a scope they would be willing to sell. I honestly cant even afford $100 but will try to get it for the right scope. I'd also be willing to offer any labor type of services you might need. I'm pretty handy and have tools and I also have a strong back. Just thought I'd put this out there.

Thanks Lee! I have bushnell binos and I know they're laughable to some guys on here but it's what I can afford at the moment. I just think about the guys who did it without any of these high end items in the past and still got it done..I figure any advantage is better than none.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Horto,

Don't worry about all that fancy stuff.....This buck bit the dust Monday with my daughters .243 Savage Axis with a cheap Bushnell scope.....He seemed to be pretty dead.....;)

Let me check my stuff.....Might have a scope you can have.....Also, check pawn shops.

.005.JPG

Is this for a deer rifle or rimfire? If the latter, there's actually a few serviceable options in the $100 range if you're just plinking rabbits. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste my time with the ultra budget stuff for your deer rifle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Haha right on Steve glad to see the bushnell got the job done! Congrats on the buck! I didn't think about pawn shops but I will keep that I mind!

Jason, it would be for deer season. The scope I currently have is a off brand no name scope and the turrets on it aren't easily adjusted. I have tried sighting it in but when out in the field I'd like to have something I can adjust accordingly to the conditions. I'd hate to take a bad shot because of a shitty scope.

Ok time for a detour......

You are new so I hope you take this the right way. You do not need turrets. You don't need fancy redicles, ya don't need anything but a cross hair zeroed a couple inches high at 100yards.

Why you might ask do you not need all the cool things. Pretty simple!!! Shoot at deer under 300 yards. I don't know what you shoot but let's say you have a 30-06. Zeroed at 100yards you will have about A foot of drop at 300. No need to. Turn dials or make calculations. Hold high and shoot.

The mid to long range game is very very fun but you need the right gear to go long and make good kills. 300 IS STILL A LONG WAY :)

Thanks Lee! I have bushnell binos and I know they're laughable to some guys on here but it's what I can afford at the moment. I just think about the guys who did it without any of these high end items in the past and still got it done..I figure any advantage is better than none.
Horto
I started out with a peep site.
I hunted and killed deer for 10 years approximately. I ambushed them between 25-200 yards.
The Marine I heard hit targets at 500 yards I don't. Know if it's true.
Point is ab inexpensive scope. But not junk will work. Then with in time save up for a better scope.
I read reviews on a lot of Scopes.
There is even hi dallor junk.
Second focal with shitty turrets.
A fixed power like 4x or 6x will work to. It cost more to have a variable scope with good quality.
Where as a fix power scope is easier to manufacture. Thus can have better optics.
Low end busnell does not have the best optics. But good enough
And are tough Scopes.
I have an entry level Bushnell scope on my 308 that I have had for over 30 years. It still works.
But I do need an up grade.
Expect a little more parallax, a little less clarity. But will still kill deer.

My 243 has entry level Bushnell
Fixed turrets. I zero out at 25 yards. It shoots 2.5 inches high at 100 yards. And at 300 yards approximately 2 inches low.
Any thing from 25-300 yards is dead. At 400 yards drops if I got right about 5-6 inches with factory rounds. I need to recheck my ballistics but pretty sure I am close

I appreciate the info guys. I dont plan to shoot anything past 200 yards. I'd like to stay around 150 yards if possible. I will spend some more time at the range trying to get it dialed in.

What Aeon said:

"Ok time for a detour......

You do not need turrets. You don't need fancy redicles, ya don't need anything but a cross hair zeroed a couple inches high at 100yards."

I own a dozen different scopes for different guns. But this is EXACTLY how I set up my .308 deer rifle.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu