Looking for a rifle scope under $100

Surprisingly Simmon's are very good inexpensive glass. I put a 4 x on my 22lr . It smacked a lot of squirrels.
I have a CP on my break open nitro venom it does well. But needs adjusting
Once in while. Simmon's is better.
Inexpensive but rugged. My Simmon's
Takes a lot of abuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I have a Vortex Crossfire II 2 x 7 x 32mm on my .223. Not much more than $100. Checkout OpticsPlanet.com

AND they do have BDC MOA marks on the reticle and their online ballistic calculator so you can work out a ballistics sheet for what each BDC mark would be for your load you're using. They are fairly lightweight too. Nice and Bright to look thru. And I like having the 2x down low for up-close jump-shot action.

Me personally, I'd shy away from the Simmons. I tried one of their 4 x 32's on my boys rimfire, and their was separate distinct visible distortion fields in each quadrant of the glass within the reticle.

Yes.. because other users will come along after the fact... Get this, maybe even perform this thing we call "a search" and actually *find* answers they were looking for. GASP! I know, right?

A cheap scope will get the job done. Just don’t skimp on the rings. Better scopes work well in low light conditions, so keep that in mind.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu