looking for hog hunt- need feedback on a couple names

I got hired to film a hog hunt on that ranch, it was interesting but everyone had a good time. We ate like kings for three days, that was my favorite part.

Bighorn is no longer open as a matter of fact it has been sold. Closed earlier this year. Owner has cancer and could no longer deal with what it took to keep it going.

• Sad
Reactions: DirtHunter
Bighorn is no longer open as a matter of fact it has been sold. Closed earlier this year. Owner has cancer and could no longer deal with what it took to keep it going.

Sorry to hear that...He supported NWTF San Diego Chapter with pig hunts........:pensive:

Hey everyone, 2-3 of us looking to go on our first guided hog hunt from los angeles area.

Any suggestions would be great on guides.

big horn ranch- Is this real hunting? I heard feedback otherwise
bitterwater outfitters- voicemail full but heard someone recommend them before
giant sequoia guide service- gave them a call and waiting to hear back.

any others to recommend?

Thanks in advance for any feedback
Hi if your still looking to book a hunt feel free to give me a call @ Schmidt Guide Service LLC. I can answer your questions an go over available dates I have. Feel free to check out our reviews as well.
(831)809-8843

Attachments

• IMG_7441.jpg
    IMG_7441.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4944.jpg
    IMG_4944.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3679(1).jpg
    IMG_3679(1).jpg
    871.7 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: DirtHunter
Not my kind of hunt at Bighorn! To each his own !
I was invited to go on a pig hunt at Bighorn from some guys at work and one of their friends, more about him later, in the early 2000’s.
We get there and meet what I think was the owner. We followed him to a spot, get out of the truck talking about the terrain. 5 minutes later a pig name Daisy or Sweety comes walking up to us.
Right now I’m thinking what have I gotten into ?
The guys tells us the pig heard his truck and always knows he has snacks for it.
Here, I opt out on killing a pig in this manner; but my 2 buddies and their friend are still a go.
Everyone kills a pig in about 3 hours. We get the pigs up to our trucks and we’re putting stuff away when behind me a gun goes off. Scared the crap out of me !
Turn around to see Sweety/ Daisy dead as a door nail about 20 yards away.
My buddies friend said the pig walked right up and he decided why not ??!!
When we left the guy from Bighorn was a little frazzled that this d.bag had killed his pet !!
Lol !!!

• Wow
Reactions: ilovesprig
Not my kind of hunt at Bighorn! To each his own !
I was invited to go on a pig hunt at Bighorn from some guys at work and one of their friends, more about him later, in the early 2000’s.
We get there and meet what I think was the owner. We followed him to a spot, get out of the truck talking about the terrain. 5 minutes later a pig name Daisy or Sweety comes walking up to us.
Right now I’m thinking what have I gotten into ?
The guys tells us the pig heard his truck and always knows he has snacks for it.
Here, I opt out on killing a pig in this manner; but my 2 buddies and their friend are still a go.
Everyone kills a pig in about 3 hours. We get the pigs up to our trucks and we’re putting stuff away when behind me a gun goes off. Scared the crap out of me !
Turn around to see Sweety/ Daisy dead as a door nail about 20 yards away.
My buddies friend said the pig walked right up and he decided why not ??!!
When we left the guy from Bighorn was a little frazzled that this d.bag had killed his pet !!
Lol !!!

Hah!

A pet pig roaming loose on a pig-hunting farm is probably not the smartest idea.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu