Looking for some help for the dove opener

Joe D

Jun 24, 2017
I am planning on doing the dove opener this year in Parker does anyone know of a place on the California side instead of Arizona

Joe,

I haven't been to Parker area in years, but as I recall, there's not a lot of farming on the California side....With the opener on a Saturday this year, I would get there a day early and scout....Blythe is only about 35-40 miles away....I'd try that area.

Also try looking at Google Earth (or OnX Maps) and find areas that look like wheat or some kind of dry crop.....That would give you a good starting point.

X 2 on the C.R.I.T. permit. I hunted there for 20 + years, and the permit is good for the calendar year. You won't need a Az. license with the Res. permit on the Az. side. Good luck

Joe,

I haven't been to Parker area in years, but as I recall, there's not a lot of farming on the California side....With the opener on a Saturday this year, I would get there a day early and scout....Blythe is only about 35-40 miles away....I'd try that area.

Also try looking at Google Earth (or OnX Maps) and find areas that look like wheat or some kind of dry crop.....That would give you a good starting point.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu