Looking for someone with a SxS to haul some gear into spots in CNF

InDeepShip

Nov 7, 2021
Im looking for someone to help haul some gear out to CNF in deer season to allow for a few 3-4 day hunts. Most of the weight is due to water. Im based in SD and am not opposed to sharing the hunt with someone but has to be the right person. Im new to hunting so expect some dumb questions along the way if you do hunt with me. I am 100% willing to pay for gas and other expenses.

Let me know if you are interested,
-Adam

Buy one gallon water jugs and start hiking in 2-3 gallons on each scouting mission. Stash it under a bush or in some rocks and make sure you pin the spot on ONX.
When most of us backpack hunt our packs before food and water are around 40lb you need to start working on your gear and getting lighter if you require hauling.

Definitely gotta pay to play ...Water is Fing expensive!

I hang my water in a tree out of the sun.... I take a 30" rope tie two half hitches one on each end. Then get two clear not frosted plastic water bottles zip tie the rope to the mouth of the water bottle and hang them over your shoulders.

If you put these out too early you will need to filter or drop tabs to get the algae taste out.

Good luck!

Reactions: TRICER
Buy one gallon water jugs and start hiking in 2-3 gallons on each scouting mission. Stash it under a bush or in some rocks and make sure you pin the spot on ONX.
When most of us backpack hunt our packs before food and water are around 40lb you need to start working on your gear and getting lighter if you require hauling.
Yea base weight with rifle and optics is 34lb so not too bad but I think the water jug is the way to go. I think this might be the way to go

What do you use to store the water in? Can I just get a gallon jug from the store and stick it out there or will it start to grow algae?

Last edited:
I hang my water in a tree out of the sun.... I take a 30" rope tie two half hitches one on each end. Then get two clear not frosted plastic water bottles zip tie the rope to the mouth of the water bottle and hang them over your shoulders.

If you put these out too early you will need to filter or drop tabs to get the algae taste out.

Good luck!
Yea this is the main issue ill be out of the state for the next 4 months so I think it's going to be a mad dash once I get back.

if you store water in clear jugs and sunlight gets near it you will grow things... might not kill you or it might just kill you :)

@HATCHET1 thank god for the new modern coolers that can keep my ummmm water cold for days at a time.

don't you hard core guys worry some kid that finds your water will take a piss and treat your water for you? asking for a friend

This..and don't forget your 34 lb pack will hopefully be 64 lbs after you cut and stuff the 30 lbs of so cal forky in there!! Finish!

This..and don't forget your 34 lb pack will hopefully be 64 lbs after you cut and stuff the 30 lbs of so cal forky in there!! Finish!
Honestly at that point id make two trips or just embrace the suck. Hopefully I get that lucky this year

Reactions: HATCHET1
It will happen dude...stay the course..push forward...tow the line..never waiver...and Finish!!

Reactions: InDeepShip

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu