Loss of a good hunting dog

Matagi

Mar 1, 2011
IMG_6188.JPG IMG_6182.JPG IMG_6186.JPG Had to say good bye to my awesome retriever, Hana. She slept all day and wouldn't come to us so when we took her to the vet, we were told she had an enlarged heart and wouldn't make it through the night.

Hana was an awesome lab as I trained her myself and hunted with her when I duck and pheasant hunted. I've had to put other dogs down in the past and it just never gets easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Godspeed Hana......

Non hunter's will never know the bond.

Remember the good times. You'll get through it. Sorry

Sorry to hear the news. Looks like she enjoyed her life.

Sorry for your loss looks like she got to hunt for a long time and had an awesome life. Nothing better than a dog bringing you a bird.

Hey Hana, look for Zeus, he's the handsome black lab with a ball in his mouth, he will paly ball with you in doggie heaven. RIP little buddy.

So sorry Gen. I know it must be hard on the boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang Gen.......So sorry to hear this.......Jake passed last summer and I know how you're feeling right now......Wish they were with us longer.....Happy hunting Hana......:(

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu