Love them birdies.

NicholsHoss

Jan 15, 2018
New to hunting and it's a tough when your new with no connections to find some land with birds. We had a great season the pup figured it out on our latest hunt and it was amazing watching him find the birds. This next season hopefully we can get on some Chucker! I did read on here that between the 395 and 14 those hills got them.

.IMG_20180116_193334_220.jpg Screenshot_20180117-080300.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DoubleTrouble
Looks awesome. Good going and finding them. It’s been a better year then the past few but still not great. I haven’t had time this year but the area you are talking about has both birds.

Reactions: NicholsHoss
Nice job, got the bonus Mountain Quail too! There's Quail on a lot of our socal public land... just gotta burn some boot rubber.

Nice job, got the bonus Mountain Quail too! There's Quail on a lot of our socal public land... just gotta burn some boot rubber.
That mountain quail was a bonus plus a fatty. I wanted to hike up a hill that morning with no luck and on our way back down the pup ran up and found some on some very steep hill side and luckily one of them flew down and the rest went up even higher. First season hunting quail and I'm hooked on everything about it.

That mountain quail was a bonus plus a fatty. I wanted to hike up a hill that morning with no luck and on our way back down the pup ran up and found some on some very steep hill side and luckily one of them flew down and the rest went up even higher. First season hunting quail and I'm hooked on everything about it.
Nice birds. Nice dog. Nice job! Congrats on figuring it out on your own. You earned your success and more to come.

For being new to hunting, that's a great haul. The mtn quail is one of my favorite birds. I got one a few weeks back and regret not keeping it for a mount.
Ehhh, more incentive to shoot another one. Quail taste so good I'd have a hard time mounting it too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Congrats! Where do you live ? Are you near the 14 and 395 freeway ?

For being new to hunting, that's a great haul. The mtn quail is one of my favorite birds. I got one a few weeks back and regret not keeping it for a mount.
It was a real good looking bird. That was the only bird I didn't shoot a buddy of mine did. It made the picture because my dog did most the work my buddy got lucky haha.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu