Lungpopper got his bowfishing cherry popped

Randomshot

Feb 12, 2012
Lakeside, CA
Lungpopper and I made a run at Lake Hodges today and as a result there are more than 20 carp that are no longer destroying bass habitat at said lake. We even managed to off load the carp to a couple of eager fisherman who were more than eager to take all of the carp that we had. Most importantly though Lungpopper shot his first fish ever and thus got popped himself. If he keeps this up he may change his handle to gillpopper.

Attachments

• P4070491.JPG
    P4070491.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 155
Right on guys that looks like alot of fun! Nice shot Darryl,is it as hard as it looks?I want to try it bad.John maybe you have an old rig you want to part with?More pics Please.

Took 5-6 shots to get the first one then a couple of shots later I had two, I was thinking this is easy. Then 50 shots later I still had two. Ended the day with 8.

Thanks John for my new addiction. ;D ;D

I'm a lefty so the spare bow won't fit. We only took the one pic which is the one I posted. I planned to take more but it slipped my mind. As far as the arrow in the face if you don't push the button your arrow will pull off the string when you draw. For the aim low part yes you have to aim low and when you think you're good you have to still aim lower. Most of the fish were deep today so they were tough to gauge we both sent a bunch of arrows over the top of them.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu