M6 update

Captaintb

Sep 13, 2011
Alpine, Ca
Didn't make it out on the opener due to not feeling that great lately, so decided to see how I felt sunday in the morning. Woke up around 6 and decided to just do a little drive about, then just play it by ear. Did the old Boulder Creek to Eagle peak "road hunt", not too proud of it but I figured what the hell. At the end of the day, I had spent 7 hours by myself in the hills, drank a full thermos full of coffee, and came home with a Julian "apple/mountain berry" pie. Also was able to glass up a few does within range, but i was just enjoying the quiet and relaxation too much to ruin it. Gonna try and get my 7yr old daughter out this weekend and get her on some deer. Will report after.

I was out for a few days for m6 as well, didnt see all that much until i left my spot midday and went for some lunch. Although i didnt find some fresh kitty tracks throughout my favorite area, might explain why i havent seen anything. Time to change plans and try somewhere else. Good Luck!!!!

Snuck out this afternoon to check on an old spot, place deerless at first, no tracks, no poop, nothing. Found a good spotting outlook that produced nada. On the way out and around to my truck I spotted 2 does at 500yds and was able to close the distance, decided not to pull the trigger at the last minute. Gonna take my youngest out in the morning, not sure how its gonna go since she wants us to shoot a "daddy" deer. Hopefully we can get it done.

Back at home to get ready for the desert next week, hopefully will get back out tonight or tomorrow. Was able to get my little one on em, just no safe shot available.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu