• Yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
So just throwing this out there. San Diego has no youth season and our buck hunting is less than stellar. Opportunity really helps boost our youth hunters moral and in my opinion retention to our sport. I would love to see the G13 tag turned into an either sex youth hunt. I don’t remember ever seeing a youth deer hunt in San Diego. This will give our kids a much better chance at taking an animal and I would be in full support of it.

The G13 should be eliminated all together. Too many dudes take advantage of that tag, it can be 3 weeks into General season and you will still hear guys out there saying “ I have a doe tag “. They play dumb when you tell them doe season is over.

If I was a 16er.and I had sub adult children..I'd say sure...

Reactions: ilovesprig
The G13 would have to be eliminated and a j hunt would need to be set up. I drew a G13 this year but didn't use it. Haven't hunted this year.

Reactions: TRICER
The G13 would have to be eliminated and a j hunt would need to be set up. I drew a G13 this year but didn't use it. Haven't hunted this year.
ya I get that make it a J16 junior hunt. Eliminate the G13 gives kids a better chance. In AZ if you draw a buck tag you can automatically get a javelina tag for $15 they call it a companion tag. Basically opens the hunt up for kids to have more opportunity. My take with my kids has been find animals kill animals. I want to give them the most real world experience finding, stalking, field dressing, and packing as possible.
if it was an either sex tag it would actually probably be better on the doe numbers.

Reactions: sportyg
I would keep G13 and cut the tag quota by 1/3 (give same number of tags as muzzle loader) and then open up a 100 either sex j tags.

I think if guys want to hunt a doe every 3 years or so then let them.

Reactions: MAG 1
The G13 should be eliminated all together. Too many dudes take advantage of that tag, it can be 3 weeks into General season and you will still hear guys out there saying “ I have a doe tag “. They play dumb when you tell them doe season is over.
I do not know much about the G13 tag, but I am confused as to what this comment means, can you explain?

I do not know much about the G13 tag, but I am confused as to what this comment means, can you explain?

G13 is D16 doe tag and it is 3 weeks instead of 4. He is saying people are poaching....but if people poach then they are not getting tag filled out.

Changing rules does not stop poaching.

Thanks, I read this reg before my question but I think I understand what he is saying now. Basically G13 closes this year on 11/13, but people will be out between 11/14-11/20 hunting with thier G13 tag (acting or thinking like it is still good just because D16 is still open).

Either way I agree, those people wouldn't be getting tags verified nor would they pass a warden check. Getting rid of a season because of stupid people doesn't sound like a great plan.

Reactions: sportyg and TRICER
Don't see why people would need to be out there after it closes it is an easy tag to fill. I would have gone out and filled mine in the first day or two but still dealing with a death in the family.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu