Mallard Crostini

8SteelTown

My buddy is a big NASCAR fan (Jr.) and wanted to cook up some game. He bagged a whitetail on a hunt in New York / New Jersey 2 weeks back and our buddy bagged a nice Tejon boar. I had some mallard I wanted to cook up for an app and my wife made homemade graham cracker cheesecake bites. Brined the duck for a little over 2 days. Swapped out the brine 3 times, lessening the salt content each time. Bacon wrapped and cooked perfectly. Sliced thin over a toasted baguette with Brie cheese, topped with a raspberry chipotle sauce and raw green onion slices. 6 breasts, 30+ pieces... Lasted 10 minutes. They were awesome... Oh and the deer and pig were good too ;)

image_1.jpg

Attachments

• image_1.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 0
Holy cow! I didn't know this was the gourmet hunting forum. I wish I could cook like that.

LOL... Thanks guys! Yeah Bonejour, he's very proud... Told me my knife skills need some work but all in all, not bad!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu