Mecca hills wilderness , Coachella area. Coyotes?

Jackpot

Jan 27, 2020
Murrieta
Was wondering if anybody has any experience out in Mecca hills wilderness. I’m looking to get out this Friday to try and find some coyotes and was wondering if it was to remote out there for them or not.

You should do alright there, they are out there as far as I know it doesn't get hit much , but people do go out there to shoot from time to time

Those mutts live everywhere in this country. You would be surprised the desert areas you can call them in.

Well i went up there and checked it out last weekend . Called in a yote on my first stand After 20 minutes. Maybe 150-200 yards out. Worked out just like I was hoping and, “Missed“. Couldn’t get a 2nd shot. Dog barked at me for awhile and it was over, lol. I’m planning on getting shooting sticks soon. Once he came in I realized I really didn’t have good support for my rifle. Pretty pissed I missed at that range though. Was pretty shaky.
It was literally day one of hunting for me, ever, so I guess you live and learn. But I got my ass out there, which was what I needed to do. So now its on, I need to get that one back. Planning on coyotes to figure out what the hell Im doing, hopefully by fall I’ll work out the bugs.

nice going you will get it down .. It is not a bad area to hunt yotes . You have a lot of area you can hunt out there . Just be careful of the heat and rattlers out there lots of them

Well i went up there and checked it out last weekend . Called in a yote on my first stand After 20 minutes. Maybe 150-200 yards out. Worked out just like I was hoping and, “Missed“. Couldn’t get a 2nd shot. Dog barked at me for awhile and it was over, lol. I’m planning on getting shooting sticks soon. Once he came in I realized I really didn’t have good support for my rifle. Pretty pissed I missed at that range though. Was pretty shaky.
It was literally day one of hunting for me, ever, so I guess you live and learn. But I got my ass out there, which was what I needed to do. So now it’s on, I need to get that one back. Planning on coyotes to figure out what the hell Im doing, hopefully by fall I’ll work out the bugs.
I know i’m a few years off but do you remember what area of Mecca Hills you hunted? I went out there not to long ago with no luck.

Lots of yotes out there you just need to spend time out there and find a place away from the hikers and general target shooters.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu