Mescalero NM Turkey Hunt

Herson

Jun 10, 2020
Had the opportunity to hunt our first Turkeys on the Mescalero Reservation this weekend. All 4 of us tagged out Saturday morning... slaughtering 4 gobblers. We also found a small set of elk antlers. It's crazy to see all the wildlife there... tons of elk, mule and whitetail deer, turkeys, and wild horses all littered everywhere.

This Friday the season opens for the state and we are planning to bag some Rio Grandes by the river using a bow.tempImageCPp9qw.pngtempImage64WQkq.pngtempImageJePGah.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool Herson. I went into the trophy room next to the golf course at the Inn of the Mountain Gods where the outfitter is based. Those Elk mounts are spectacular and the hunts are quite pricey, I hear the rich Texans drive over to Ruidoso to do these Elk hunts. I am surprised you were allowed to keep the antlers? are you a member of the Nation?

Very cool Herson. I went into the trophy room next to the golf course at the Inn of the Mountain Gods where the outfitter is based. Those Elk mounts are spectacular and the hunts are quite pricey, I hear the rich Texans drive over to Ruidoso to do these Elk hunts. I am surprised you were allowed to keep the antlers? are you a member of the Nation?

A lot of Texans there… ruidoso is the mountain town of Texas. Could not keep the antlers since I’m not a member. The gfs grandparents are regulars there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu