Met up with Lungpopper and smashed them!

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
We had a good day in the heat today. And had some hot barreled action too!

We ended up with 191 birds for the day. Good times.

Attachments

• P1060743.JPG
    P1060743.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 38
  • P1060744.JPG
    P1060744.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • P1060746.JPG
    P1060746.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 40
Wow! I'm amazed the dogs handled it, between the heat and the activity. How did you manage them?

Nice dudes, what did you think of the a400

can you throw in some wide angle shots so i can triangulate your location im headin out friday, great shootin guys!

Aeon said:
Nice dudes, what did you think of the a400

Cool gun but definitely not my first choice for dove hunting. Just wanted to get the feel for it before heading to Canada next week. I will stick with my 20 gauges. Much easier to shoot and way more fun.

Now for waterfowl - the A400 will be a pleasure. The reduced recoil is amazing. I have shot Benelli's for so many I had no idea the abuse I was taking. Follow up shots are much faster and easier with the Beretta. I am glad I am on the A400 bus...

Bonejour said:
Wow! I'm amazed the dogs handled it, between the heat and the activity. How did you manage them?

Well it was very hot so I kept my truck idling with the AC on the entire time we hunted. I put him in the truck for 30 minutes at a time to cool his core, lots of water and kept him in the shade as much as possible. We also give Dieter a mixture of Gatorade and water. Hydration is key.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu