Mikey Likes It

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
My life long friend Mike had never shot a deer or even deer hunted, but this year I convinced him to buy a tag.....He owns his own landscape company. So hunting hours were going to have to be in the afternoons.....This was his 1st afternoon.....Hunted a couple of canyons where I've been seeing some nice bucks......Today nothing.....Moved to a new area and instantly started seeing deer.....1 spike, but no shooters.....With about 45 minutes to go we walked down into an area that I really like.....Right off, I see a doe, then the buck....As soon as I see he's out near his ears, I tell Mike he's a shooter.....Shooting off hand and about 85 yds, he lets the Stefanie's little .243 Savage rip.....Down goes Mike's 1st deer.....I really do believe it's more exciting watching someone else pull the trigger.....I made Mike gut him.....lol.....Mike Berry Taxidermy tomorrow.

ps......Found another use for the Rinse Kit......;)

.013.JPG 017.JPG 022.JPG 023.JPG

Last edited:
Steve great job getting other guys out. That's awesome.

I built my own 20gal rinse kit with a pressure tank. I love it. From rinsing the dog to hands to tail gate it's awesome. Even use the mist to cool us off when it's a day.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Awesome. There's something about teaching people how to hunt and fish that is almost better than just doing it by yourself

Awesome! I agree it's really exciting watching someone kill a deer, especially if it's their first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that's a nice first buck. the thrill of

watching that buck go down is unbelievable

can't wait. At it again this weekend.

CONGRATS

Mark,

I think you need to call more often......2 for 2 on bucks.....lol[/QUOTE

Taking Rem out this weekend trying to get it done.

She wants to go out by herself, but i can't let my little

girl go. Might have her call you if we can't get it done.

"little .243 Savage"
Try more like "drops deer where they stand, .243 Savage"
or "precise and deadly for deer, .243 Savage"

Congrats on the deer! That is awesome to get one on his first hunt.

"little .243 Savage"
Try more like "drops deer where they stand, .243 Savage"
or "precise and deadly for deer, .243 Savage"

Congrats on the deer! That is awesome to get one on his first hunt.

Dan,

You ain't $hittin'......lol

Smokes 'em like no other......This is the entrance wound from a Federal Fusion 90 grain.......;)

.009.JPG

Glad I could help steve......more important you now text.....WOW.....just WOW!

Congrats to you both. Great buck for a first buck. And big nod to you for showing and helping a new hunter.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu