Minnesota/Maryland guy new to SCH

Josh S.

My name is Josh. I just moved to University City from Maryland. I'm an avid bird and deer hunter. I tell you what, these deer hunting regulations are a little confusing lol. I already have BLM maps being mailed to me and I plan on buying OnX Maps for real time so I don't have any issues trespassing. I know it's going to take years of scouting and walking before I will have great success, but success does not come with out hard work. If anyone has any great advice I would love to hear it. Thanks for your time.

Safe hunting,

Josh S.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Josh,

Welcome to SCH......Lots of places to hunt down here in San Diego Co......Just start driving our back roads with your Onx Maps.....Bird hunting wise, waterfowling & upland are readily available within 2 1/2 hours (Imperial Valley or East County)......Being from Maryland, I'm sure you've probably hunted honkers. We don't have the number here we once had, but snows & ducks can be good near the Salton Sea.

Ask lots of questions.......We'll all try to help with what we can.

Hey thanks for the reply. The salton sea is what I had found so far and will be scouting it more towards the opener. I will also try and get in on some lottery reservations near me.

A lot of wilderness to travel for deer and turkeys, have to put in the miles for smiles.

Thanks again,

Josh

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Welcome Josh. Looks like we are neighbors. I'm on the west end of UC. My advice: get yourself a D16 tag, and worry about the regulations later.

Back