Missouri Whitetail hunt.

Slow morning in the stand. Windy . Acorns dropping.

What are the temperatures there? Coldest I’ve hunted is 15 degrees (F).
Are you in an open stand or closed in? Where I used to hunt in South Carolina there were closed in stands. Had coffee and Bojangles breakfast in them many a time. Shot through a camo hanging sheet or in one there were plexiglass windows.

Outstanding... I'm getting play by play from Wayne. Step it up with the posts... following. I love hunting Whitey. Ed F

My buddy Wayne shot a 9 point last night at last light. The blood trail was light so we backed out so we didn't push him onto the neighboring property. He slept in and they went out at 7:30 and found him. I'm still in my stand . I only saw 1 doe yesterday and a doe and a spike today. Others in our group are seeing 6 and 8 point bucks chasing does.

Brian passed on a 4 point at 12 yards. Then his release broke. Hopefully he can barrow Wayne's unless he's going out again for a doe.

With the time change we got up at 3:30 this morning.

Reactions: BOWUNTR
Wayne got his meat to the butcher and is back in the stand tonight for a doe. Brian borrowed a release, sighted in and is back in business.
Brian's a newbie so everyone was surprised he passed on the 2x2 but good for him. Although he said he only passed because the 6 point was still in the area. Karen from CBH is also here and trying to get her first deer. She caught the fever and missed a doe at 30 this morning.

I'm in a new stand tonight and it looks promising. Turkey's are gobbling about 70 yards away and i have a tag for those too.

5:30 am. I'm back in the TV stand, named that because its where they film hunts for TV. Its 20 ft up with an extra stand for the camera man.

Its been warmer than the deer like it to get them moving. Our 4 day hunt is half over and i haven't seen a legal buck much less a shooter. I'm starting to reset my standards on what I'll shoot.

What are the temperatures there? Coldest I’ve hunted is 15 degrees (F).
Are you in an open stand or closed in? Where I used to hunt in South Carolina there were closed in stands. Had coffee and Bojangles breakfast in them many a time. Shot through a camo hanging sheet or in one there were plexiglass windows.
Hey Dan, temps have been 35 degrees overnight and 65 in the day. All stands are hang on or ladder. They have some box style used in rifle season.

Got some action this morning. At first light i had a big 8 point chase a doe right by me at 40 yards. Then 2 doe and a 2x1 were under my stand. I heard something to my right and its 2 bobcats killing a squirrel at 30 yards. The doe started stomping around but the bobcats didn't care. Then they took a cat nap on a log. They're still there.Screenshot_20211108-102940_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211108-103037_Gallery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He took a step as the arrow released. Nervous it was a little far back, but the blood sign looks good .

Outstanding, congratulations Jim. Hunting Whitey is fun. Ed F

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu