Mojave Youth Quail Hunt, what to take?

KingSlug

Jul 27, 2015
We just received an email saying my 9yo boy is in for the Mojave youth quail hunt. What do I need to take? What do the parents do while the kids are out hunting? Is it a problem if I take my Spinone out and train and scout? What should we expect from the weekend? This is the boys first hunting season.

Thanks

Ivy

Ivy,

Congrats to your son......It will probably be warm, so take cool clothing & lots of water......Historically, you're allowed to walk with your son.....As far as providing your own dog. You'll have to ask them.....At our youth pheasant hunts, it's not allowed......Good luck & have fun.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu