Montana 2014

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Got drawn for the combo tag again for Montana.......Not that's a big deal anymore (they raised the price & now don't sell out)......The combo tag includes any elk, any deer (no mule deer does), waterfowl, upland, and fishing.....About $1,000.00.

My old neighbor's brother bought a ranch outside of Big Timber. So, I have access to NF and of course, his place.....1st hunted the place back in 2006 for turkeys. After that hunt, I knew I wanted to go back for BG......I did 2 years ago and it was better than I expected......Can't wait to get back up there this year...... ;)

A few pix of the hunts.

Attachments

• IMG_2345.JPG
    IMG_2345.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2361.JPG
    IMG_2361.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2363.JPG
    IMG_2363.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • montana 2012 2 007.JPG
    montana 2012 2 007.JPG
    417.5 KB · Views: 81
  • montana day 3 003.JPG
    montana day 3 003.JPG
    950 KB · Views: 25
Good for you Steve - your trip sounds like it is going to be a dandy! Every picture you put up is of this big kid just having fun! Nice photos.

We hunting Dillon Montana for about 4 years and loved it. Same deal, combo tag and game rich. We shot elk, deer, antelope and waterfowl. Check out this antelope I shot in Dillon!

Attachments

• PA140016.JPG
    PA140016.JPG
    366.1 KB · Views: 20
  • PA140014.JPG
    PA140014.JPG
    289.4 KB · Views: 18
John,

Great pix & classic goat........You'll appreciate this buck from last year........lol

ps.......I love Dillon and if I wasn't 66. I'd be moving out of my beloved California.

Attachments

• IMG_5592.JPG
    IMG_5592.JPG
    586.5 KB · Views: 22
MT is a great state!!!! It's where i learned how to bow hunt elk :) had one amazing place to elk hunt near wolf creek. I SOOO wish i could go back :) maybe someday. AZ will have to do for this year
9b1069e5.jpg
elkb2_zps2a4dd1ad.jpg
013_zpsqrrgjbnl.jpg

Yep...weird horns and antlers make a regular animal a trophy.

Great photos Bill. Seeing this stuff never gets old. You were young and had hair! ;D

Great pix Bill............10

Quite an accomplishment........ I didn't get my 1st buck with a bow until 2 years ago. And I remember how pumped I was......I can't imagine the feeling of drawing on a big bull.

I think I was 28 in one of the pics lol. Lots more hair and about 35lbs lighter. Took 40 days of hunting over 3 years to get my first elk. After that it was easy

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu