More PANIC

GUNDOGLOVER

Dec 5, 2018
We just got word from the grandkids school. all extra activities cancelled, baseball, softball, track, soccer, ect. ect. School has 1600 students and rather than cancel school, they cancel activities where on a good day there are 25 spectators total, and they are for the better part outside activities. NBA over, march madness over. Disneyland closed. LA harbor laying off employees. RELAX PEOPLE. This is what we get with 24/7 network news and social media.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
I’ve been hauling a lot of bleach and disinfectant wipes the past two weeks. Business is good on my end. (Truck driver by night)

Well, I'm sure they start feeling they have to worry about liability issues in our litigious society. Even though I'd have to imagine this should fall under the category of "Act of Nature".

Just got message from the Parent Portal from GGUSD.

"Per The CA Dept of Health and The Orange County Health Care Agency (OCHCA) gatherings of 250 people or more will be cancelled or postponed. Additionally, smaller gatherings held in venues that do not allow social distancing of six feet per person will be cancelled or postponed. Gatherings of individuals who are at higher risk (elderly, medically fragile) for severe illness from COVID-19 should be limited to no more than 10 people. A "gathering" is any event or convening that brings together people in a single room or single space at the same time, such as an auditorium, stadium, arena, large conference room, meeting hall, cafeteria, or any other indoor or outdoor space. This guidance does not apply to activities such as attendance at regular school classes, work or essential services but will apply to all school and district events and participation in external events that are school or district sponsored/approved. Notification of cancellations will be sent separately."

And dig this!... Also we have a friend whose boy is in his freshman year at Vanderbilt University, in Tennessee. He JUST got back to the campus after visiting his Mom on break for a week, and they are now ordering them to clear out and vacate their on campus rooms and that they will be taking the remainder of classes online til the end of the year until further notice! So now she's got to scramble to get him a flight back!

2 cases confirmed here in the Imperial Valley, now everyone is tripping out. Schools are talking about closing , notices have been going out to parents. NAF Air Show got canceled, Yuma Air Show also. DOVE season got canceled ;).

I need to do a run for some beer and i'm set.

2 cases confirmed here in the Imperial Valley, now everyone is tripping out. Schools are talking about closing , notices have been going out to parents. NAF Air Show got canceled, Yuma Air Show also. DOVE season got canceled ;).

I need to do a run for some beer and i'm set.
I think the DOVE are carries of it so i'm out to do my part and get rid of them.15 to 25 at a time:)

Jokes aside being outside away from most people hunting is probably one of the best places to be. With it being contagious up to five days before symptoms show and kids may never show symptoms I'm terrified to be around people like my father who is the quintessential example of an at risk person from this thing.

All jokes a side, time for the young to do the shopping for the elderly parents.
They are the most vulnerable.
This is nuts.
And be extra careful around them too.
So hard to remember to not do certain things like give your parents or kids a hug when you see them. But it's for the best right now.

Naw my boy got it after me. I'm cool to hug him! He came to me just minutes ago for a ni-night hug and kiss from his Daddy. And I fully plan on sucking up as many of those as he's still willing to give out, since I know the day will come soon he won't want to do that anymore as he transitions from boy to beginning young man. So that is gold right now!

Reactions: torresmick
Naw my boy got it after me. I'm cool to hug him! He came to me just minutes ago for a ni-night hug and kiss from his Daddy. And I fully plan on sucking up as many of those as he's still willing to give out, since I know the day will come soon he won't want to do that anymore as he transitions from boy to beginning young man. So that is gold right now!
You don't know if you actually got COVID-19 or not nor is it known if it is possible to get it again if you did.

You don't know if you actually got COVID-19 or not nor is it known if it is possible to get it again if you did.
Typically with a virus you don't "get it again". Once you've gotten it, once you manage to make it over to the other side and feelin' better, your body has learned it's immunity trick for it. Now... you might then get a mutated version back up in you again, that's certainly a possibility.

Side note/ corona turkey questions. What turkey call to use/buy (primos? lynch fool proof?) & camo.. I'm getting an inexspensive 3D does it matter if it's the darker forest color, or should I pony up and buy something lighter colored?) Also, my son won lottery for late season turkey hunt, should I buy jake/lady decoys? If I'm gonna get the Rona hoping to get it from Tom ;)

Side note/ corona turkey questions. What turkey call to use/buy (primos? lynch fool proof?) & camo.. I'm getting an inexspensive 3D does it matter if it's the darker forest color, or should I pony up and buy something lighter colored?) Also, my son won lottery for late season turkey hunt, should I buy jake/lady decoys? If I'm gonna get the Rona hoping to get it from Tom ;)
Ah the questions of a new turkey hunter. If you buy cheap now , next year you will buy expensive upgrades. That is just how turkey hunting works. Do your research. DSD the best decoys but expensive. Avian makes a middle ground decoy that looks great. Calls it all depends on what kind of sound you can get them to make. Box call is by far the easiest use.
Good luck its just beginning for you.

Reactions: Littlmama
On a planet with 8 BILLION people there are 140k know cases of Wuhan (its a severe cold} In a country with 320 million people (the USA) there are 1500 known cases 40 have died. All over 50 years old MOST with preconditions. This is TDS on steroids. Think about what the Media has done to you for 4 years. Trump Derangement Syndrome now threatens your lively hood. MSM should be destroyed violently for allowing this to happen. Stoking fear in the populace is criminal. If you had an honest MSM things would be different. Not only is your lively hood at stake with this insanity our National Security is at risk. You think about what our enemys are thinking watching this insanity? The Democrat Party doesn't care about you. MSM doesn't care about you. This pure unadulterated hatred against people like me. Here are todays stats from John Hopkins... https://myemail.constantcontact.com...ch-13.html?soid=1107826135286&aid=xyAIQuq9n5I

On a planet with 8 BILLION people there are 140k know cases of Wuhan (its a severe cold} In a country with 320 million people (the USA) there are 1500 known cases 40 have died. All over 50 years old MOST with preconditions. This is TDS on steroids. Think about what the Media has done to you for 4 years. Trump Derangement Syndrome now threatens your lively hood. MSM should be destroyed violently for allowing this to happen. Stoking fear in the populace is criminal. If you had an honest MSM things would be different. Not only is your lively hood at stake with this insanity our National Security is at risk. You think about what our enemys are thinking watching this insanity? The Democrat Party doesn't care about you. MSM doesn't care about you. This pure unadulterated hatred against people like me. Here are todays stats from John Hopkins... https://myemail.constantcontact.com...ch-13.html?soid=1107826135286&aid=xyAIQuq9n5I
Let's add the H1N1 of the Obama era. 18,000 deaths and millions infected. Nothing said about Obama waiting 6 months to declare a national emergency and there were no travel bans. Double standard?

Pssh everybody knows he's their poster-boy and can do no wrong in their eyes... AND.. that if you should ever happen to mention the factual wrong he's done, you're instantly a Racist, and whatever the heck other bad words they can think of in that moment to call ya.

One of those things that's been gnawing at the back of my mind? I'm extremely curious to know what kinda backroom deals must have went on between Obama and the major players of the insurance industry, ya know? I mean think about it. He HAD to have been lined up to get some kind of kickback on that since he was about to forcibly make EVERYONE...HAVE to be their customers, right?

Reactions: Bluesky0727

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu