More PANIC

On a planet with 8 BILLION people there are 140k know cases of Wuhan (its a severe cold} In a country with 320 million people (the USA) there are 1500 known cases 40 have died. All over 50 years old MOST with preconditions. This is TDS on steroids. Think about what the Media has done to you for 4 years. Trump Derangement Syndrome now threatens your lively hood. MSM should be destroyed violently for allowing this to happen. Stoking fear in the populace is criminal. If you had an honest MSM things would be different. Not only is your lively hood at stake with this insanity our National Security is at risk. You think about what our enemys are thinking watching this insanity? The Democrat Party doesn't care about you. MSM doesn't care about you. This pure unadulterated hatred against people like me. Here are todays stats from John Hopkins... https://myemail.constantcontact.com...ch-13.html?soid=1107826135286&aid=xyAIQuq9n5I
Characterizing a virus with a mortality rate of 3.5% (globally, 2% so far in the US) as a “severe cold” is pretty misleading. The virus isn’t scary because of how many it has infected so far... it’s scary because it’s spreading at the community level which means there’s nothing we can really do to stop it, other than avoid contact with sick people (thus all the recommendations to avoid public gatherings). Had travel restrictions gone into place earlier they might have prevented widespread infections in the US. Maybe.

Influenza is a severe cold. It kills many people in the US every year. It has a mortality rate of about 0.1% in the US. So let’s look at some numbers to compare. The preliminary data from the 2017-2018 flu season shows that there were around 45 million cases of the flu in the US and 61,000 deaths. If coronavirus infections were to reach 45 million in the US, it would be 900,000 dead (at the current 2% mortality in the US). At the 3.5% global mortality, 45 million infections would equate to 1,575,000 dead. That is why the CDC and state and local governments and businesses are telling everyone to stay home. That is why the president declared a national emergency, and why the senate cancelled their recess.

Characterizing a virus with a mortality rate of 3.5% (globally, 2% so far in the US) as a “severe cold” is pretty misleading. The virus isn’t scary because of how many it has infected so far... it’s scary because it’s spreading at the community level which means there’s nothing we can really do to stop it, other than avoid contact with sick people (thus all the recommendations to avoid public gatherings). Had travel restrictions gone into place earlier they might have prevented widespread infections in the US. Maybe.

Influenza is a severe cold. It kills many people in the US every year. It has a mortality rate of about 0.1% in the US. So let’s look at some numbers to compare. The preliminary data from the 2017-2018 flu season shows that there were around 45 million cases of the flu in the US and 61,000 deaths. If coronavirus infections were to reach 45 million in the US, it would be 900,000 dead (at the current 2% mortality in the US). At the 3.5% global mortality, 45 million infections would equate to 1,575,000 dead. That is why the CDC and state and local governments and businesses are telling everyone to stay home. That is why the president declared a national emergency, and why the senate cancelled their recess.

I wish I could get those odds on some of my hunt applications. I will sum this up in a way we all understand, you have a much better chance of dying from this than you do at drawing an AZ strip tag. But the good news for us young guys is just like with points the guys with most years in the game have the best chance of being drawn.

Last edited:

Nice numbers....did you get them off the internet? You know what is worse than the Kung Flu Wuhan Flu??? People like you! You have it bad. Just stop it already. TDS is what you got! You know that there is global warming in the summer right? You know what kills a server cold? Sunshine! You know how not to get sick during the flu season? Stay hydrated! Do you know that people drink only a 1/4 of water that they should drink a day? Do you know that? Do you know that all that gibberish you wrote means nothing? 40 people have died in the USA. 40! You should just go to your bunker and come out next Flu season and spew the same effing numbers! Wuhan is not any more lethal are contagious than any other virus! So stop with your fear mongering. Like Duck Season, Like Deer season, the flu season will pass. And you are gonna look really really pathetic. To top it off you compare the USA to the rest of the world! Thats just ignorant which makes you look doubly foolish. Maybe we should stop driving cars cuz you know that kills 50000 people a year.... Thats how much since you make to me. Fear Monger. Did you buy a bunch toilet paper? WHY? Did you buy GALLONS OF WATER? Why? Are you adding to the hysteria? Yes you are and Why are you? Did they turn the water off? Did they shut down the power? People who think like you are insane.

Truduct I dont know dude..boy #1 & boy #3 drew bull elk this year with 2 points and on different apps...i have a plethura of points and cant draw dick..alice dick..prolly never shoot another large mammal again...just gonna live vicariously thru the cockblockers..

Nice numbers....did you get them off the internet? You know what is worse than the Kung Flu Wuhan Flu??? People like you! You have it bad. Just stop it already. TDS is what you got! You know that there is global warming in the summer right? You know what kills a server cold? Sunshine! You know how not to get sick during the flu season? Stay hydrated! Do you know that people drink only a 1/4 of water that they should drink a day? Do you know that? Do you know that all that gibberish you wrote means nothing? 40 people have died in the USA. 40! You should just go to your bunker and come out next Flu season and spew the same effing numbers! Wuhan is not any more lethal are contagious than any other virus! So stop with your fear mongering. Like Duck Season, Like Deer season, the flu season will pass. And you are gonna look really really pathetic. To top it off you compare the USA to the rest of the world! Thats just ignorant which makes you look doubly foolish. Maybe we should stop driving cars cuz you know that kills 50000 people a year.... Thats how much since you make to me. Fear Monger. Did you buy a bunch toilet paper? WHY? Did you buy GALLONS OF WATER? Why? Are you adding to the hysteria? Yes you are and Why are you? Did they turn the water off? Did they shut down the power? People who think like you are insane.

Lol. Viruses all have the same mortality rate huh? Why don’t you go get yourself bitten by a rabid dog (I’m assuming you’re not vaccinated) and see what happens. No bunker at our house. Just got off an international flight yesterday (no mask for me, the horror!) after thoroughly enjoying a vacation in South America with my family. No water or toilet paper hoarding here. Tomorrow I won’t be hiding out working from home, I’ll be at work, at the hospital.

Thanks for making a lot of assumptions about me and my thinking. You seem angry. This is a discussion board, we are discussing... having a discussion is not fear mongering. Information is just information. If it scares you then educate yourself.

But just because get flu shot you can still catch the flu there is no guarantee.
There is no guarantees in life.
Except for 100% proof any thing.
Yes a nice sip of wiskey. Or moonshine.

Surf City's point and I am not picking on any one.
Lots of people die every day from cancer.
Why?
GMO food.
Dirty fruit or vegetables (means contaminated with pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers and more)
Contaminated water
Chemicals in every day products.
Just read the side effects in data sheets.
Then the medical hospitals try to cure you
And mostly fail. I have had family die because of cancer..
Any body give hoot.
It is a horrible way to die.
But does anybody cares
Hospitals are full my friends.

Health starts with your diet.
You are what you eat.
Even so called organic ( I hate this name)
Is purchased mostly from other countries.
Grow and catch your food.

Reactions: Nuevo
Lol. Viruses all have the same mortality rate huh? Why don’t you go get yourself bitten by a rabid dog (I’m assuming you’re not vaccinated) and see what happens. No bunker at our house. Just got off an international flight yesterday (no mask for me, the horror!) after thoroughly enjoying a vacation in South America with my family. No water or toilet paper hoarding here. Tomorrow I won’t be hiding out working from home, I’ll be at work, at the hospital.

Thanks for making a lot of assumptions about me and my thinking. You seem angry. This is a discussion board, we are discussing... having a discussion is not fear mongering. Information is just information. If it scares you then educate yourself.
Some people don't like numbers... because they add up, sometimes

P.S. We like our servers cold. Nobody likes an over-heated server. They tend to crash when they overheat (wait for it......... Gasp! The Horror)!

I won't try to explain exactly what the Ro factor is when it comes to predicting how many people one person with a virus will infect but look it up. The swine flu of 1918 which killed around 50 million people, had a Ro factor of between 1.4 and 2.6. As of now the Corona virus has a Ro factor of between 1.4 and 2. That is by some estimates. By no means am I saying this virus is a deadly as the one of 1918, it is not. I am just saying what the infectious rate is. Things like HIV have a low Ro number because it requires actual contact with an infect person, where things like the flu and measles can be transferred through the air, and so have a higher Ro number. The Corona virus can be transmitted through the air and with direct contact. Like I said look it up. I did.

I won't try to explain exactly what the Ro factor is when it comes to predicting how many people one person with a virus will infect but look it up. The swine flu of 1918 which killed around 50 million people, had a Ro factor of between 1.4 and 2.6. As of now the Corona virus has a Ro factor of between 1.4 and 2. That is by some estimates. By no means am I saying this virus is a deadly as the one of 1918, it is not. I am just saying what the infectious rate is. Things like HIV have a low Ro number because it requires actual contact with an infect person, where things like the flu and measles can be transferred through the air, and so have a higher Ro number. The Corona virus can be transmitted through the air and with direct contact. Like I said look it up. I did.
Good info, one clarification though. It is transmitted via droplet or direct contact. So yes, if someone coughs and a droplet of their saliva containing the virus lands on your face or your hand and you touch your eye, or if they cough and you inhale a droplet, you can get it. But it is not “airborne,” in which case it would actually be floating around in the air.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu