Mount Laguna Elk

There are elk up at Laguna mtn in the central coast. its BLM and you can hunt it!!!!

Theres another picture floating around of a couple bulls bedded in Laguna Meadow. And there’s a resident up there who found a couple sheds and still has them

I have heard the same thing.

I actually spoke with Travis. @sd_Muleys about it on the podcast

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Google says they planted some in the
lagunas in 1919.

You never know...100 years ago...Back then, California was very pro hunting and was trying to introduce many kinds of game animals in the state...San Diego had great habitat for many species...Turkeys and chukar were introduced here, but did not take...Also, the word is the reason there's big bucks on the Guejito Ranch and Cuyamaca State Park was the intro of deer from the Kaibab.

ps...Guejito buck...27" wide with serious mass.

.golf tourney 11-15-10 003.JPG

Not a 1000 but 25000 years ago....you know climate change and all back then. Steve I think your friend John Massie wrote about this....

Yeah John, he did....It was part of the presentation to try and relocate turkeys in California...The anti's hated this fact that they had been here (bones in La Brea tar pits).

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu