Mountain Hunting Ebikes

surfcity

I don't play nice with baby killing gun grabbers
Jan 20, 2014
Huntington Beach
www.nra.com
Anybody own one of these?

I have been looking at these for awhile. Some of the stuff I have been hunting on in North East San Diego County I sure could have used one of these
A bike that isn't mentioned in this article is the Hardcore https://hardcoreecycles.com/product/hec-2000-electric-bike/ < This one looks like the one to own. The developer is in to White Tail deer hunting.
Climbs are brutal at the end of the day! If any of these bikes can get my body up hills like the ones on Palomar Mt it would be worth it to me. Are these things game changers? Curious to see what you guys think about these things

I know nothing about them but have also been looking lots of good areas I can see to use these to help get game out

I have been doing research on this very subject for a while. What I came up with as the top prospect:

I'm really interested in one as well. The problem I'm running into is figuring out if they are legal on roads that are closed to motor vehicles. That is where I would see the most benefit. So far all authority that I have spoken to have said they consider them to be illegal because of the obvious "motor". They are quiet, fast, and have decent range. Not sure the cost is justifiable compared to a used motorcycle though.

Reactions: fish impaler
I have been doing research on this very subject for a while. What I came up with as the top prospect:

That seems comparable to the Hardcore but 2k less...Am I wrong?

I've heard the rad bikes on advertisements on hunting podcasts. The one below has a larger cargo area.

I've heard the rad bikes on advertisements on hunting podcasts. The one below has a larger cargo area.

Wheels are to small in rough terrain...

Less than a $2K delta. From what I have read, the Mule is a quality rig and the reviews were the most consistent. You may come up with something different.

Illegal per FS on any road closed to motor vehicles. Kind of lame when you work your butt off on a pedal bike to get somewhere and other hunters are being lazy and taking shortcuts.

I look forward to glassing some of you up this year.

I think e bikes would be great in places with logging roads etc. I can’t think of anywhere I hunt in the Southwest where these would be beneficial. At least where I hunt. Most the trails in SoCal are marked no motorized vehicles.
E9EF2107-11A5-43EA-AA21-7375C0428A09.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DirtHunter
What do you think fish and wildlife would do if you rode a Ebike while on a road that was closed to motor vehicles and shot a deer from your spot , you think that fish and wildlife would take your deer or just ticket you for riding your bike on a closed road ????

I've thought about getting one, and I'm not looking to spend a couple Thousand I would not use very often. I could use that cash to sign up for MCC.

Reactions: ilovesprig
I've looked at them as well...Lots of possibilities come to mind where bicycles are legal...Montana has a ton of places I would use the peddle assist... ;)

.014.JPG

Reactions: skeet
Each and every one of those are heavy and hybrid pedal assist and THROTTLE. It will be a pain in the back to lift them over the closed gates you want to ride behind, trying to ride them down any sort or real trail looks unwieldy, and because they have a throttle power option they will now and later when there is a legal distinction between pedal assist and throttle be considered motor vehicles. All of those bikes also very much look like electric bikes.

My 2 cents is go with a normal E-MTB. They will be lighter, much more stealth as they look much more similar to actual bikes, you'll have a much easier sell if hassled if it is pedal assist only as many people already ride them countless areas they are technically not supposed to be, much more capable on difficult trails, could be used as a normal bike for fun too, if you decide you don't want it the resale value and demand I imagine would be a lot higher. You can set them up with a trailer if you really wanted to. And I wouldn't worry about load capacity as they are designed to withstand 200 some pound people riding them over chunk and off jumps. Some extra dead weight won't break them.

I have the QuietKat Apex 1000 . will start with there are only a few places in So Cal that I even think of bringing it with. most other western states I visit , there are always a hand full of hunts that it shines on , each . weighs in at about 75 lbs kinda loaded / tools, pump, tube, pannier rack, fender kits and lighting ... single wheel trailer ( tracks very nicely ) holds a Yeti 35 perfectly and panniers cary a ton of gear including a spare battery . sorry I dont have a pic of it packin an Elk out , maybe next month . not worth it for the D16

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu