Mountain Lion Screaming

socalcowboy

Sep 12, 2012
Lakeside
Dont know if this was posted before - but with all the posting about mountain lions and hunting season coming up -

If I hear this I am going to shit myself -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxo8X5uIWRE&app=desktop

Mountain Lion Screaming

The one animal in the areas I hunt that I am very afraid of because you won't see it coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like its calling for it's homies, that how my house cats meow when they feel alone or when momma cat is calling for its young.

nice video, wouldn't want to be out there sleeping in a bevy bag and have he walk up..

CREEPY, hunting this past weekend walking up a ridgeline with a buddy, had our headlamps on at 445 in the morning, looked up and caught a pair of green glowing eyes looking at us about 20yds away. it sat there and stared at us as we talked at normal volume levels to see if this thing would spook and it didn't, I feel like if it was a deer or coyote it would of high tailed it. the beam on our headlamps wasn't bright enough to see it fully, but it just seemed very catty in the way it was moving its head around like how a house cat licks itself and turns its head. after about 10 minutes of this and me and my friend having rounds in the chamber just in case of. this thing just turned and without the slightest peep or crunch of a leaf was gone. we sat there for another 10 minutes thinking if it is a mountain lion we will let it run far away before we peak over the next ridge it seemed to disappear over. I'm not saying what we saw was a breed of cat either lion or bobcat, maybe it was a coyote but I have seen em enough and feel like this thing would have surely spooked if it was and it wasn't a deer for sure. and I'm not professional tracker or expert on all the game tracks out there but later that day we found some tracks crossing a tiny 4x4 road not far from where we had our sighting, and heading in the direction that we saw it disappear to, the first thing I thought when I seen the tracks was A: those are a mountain lions tracks or B: they were made by a big burly oversized german shepard dog. after google images provided us with some examples of lion tracks we determined that yes indeed they were very much so lion tracks.

creepy creepy feeling out there

No nail marks on a cat track (rounder too)......Pretty easy to tell from a big dog.

Attachments

• cougpr3.jpg
    cougpr3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 103
  • dog track.jpg
    dog track.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 100
Mountain Lion Screaming

The heal marks on a track are the real for sure tell tale. Cats have 3 apex humps at the rear with 2 at the front on the heal where K9 only have 2 at the rear and 1 at the front of the heal pad. As stated above cats have retractable claws so you shouldn't see them but there are times where the print isn't perfect so now you have 2 tell tale things to look for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I were on a quail hunt one morning when we heard a very very familiar sound, It sounded like a woman getting pounded. So naturally we went to investigate and see if she could use a hand...

We got to an area about 100 feet above where the sound was coming from. there was no woman there but we did see fresh sign of a deer kill. Talk about a mood killer...

I've heard the same thing at night. Sounded just like a woman screaming. I was 14 miles down a trail in a wilderness area.. No woman folk around.... The cat in that clip looks young and a bit skinny.. Wonder if it's freshly out on its own and a little hungry and lonely?.

I've gotten a few reports of mountain lions in the IV lately, I set up some cams standy by for pics of something..

Oh, you guys are missing out on real fun. Try being out at sunrise on a nice foggy morning and hearing not one but two of them going at it like cats in your neighbors yard. And knowing you are only feet from where they are getting happy and you can't see a damned thing.

Now that is fun. Teaches you to pack a putty knife for the trip out.

ilovesprig said:
Great video........I've heard that sound a number of times........... ;)

Me too in Laguna......thought it was a car hitting the breaks but it turned out to be when the lion killed a deer. The look on the two hunters at the truck was priceless

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu