Moutian loin killed by yote hunter...might have gone the other way!

Not that I doubt this story but isn't it a little cold and snowy to be out shooting yotes? Maybe it's not as bad around Mono Lake but I've seen pictures from Bodie (for the unfamiliar it's a ghost town near Mono Lake that's a state park) and they have 4 1/2 feet of snow on the ground there.

Not that I doubt this story but isn't it a little cold and snowy to be out shooting yotes? Maybe it's not as bad around Mono Lake but I've seen pictures from Bodie (for the unfamiliar it's a ghost town near Mono Lake that's a state park) and they have 4 1/2 feet of snow on the ground there.
Nope. Hunting yotes in the snow can be highly successful. They tend to get desperate for food and come into the calls well during the winter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: turkeyman 85
Nope. Hunting yotes in the snow can be highly successful. They tend to get desperate for food and come into the calls well during the winter.

I guess Mtn. lions do too, LOL. I know it can be done under usual snow conditions but I'd think it would be pretty difficult if there's 4 1/2 feet there.

I guess Mtn. lions do too, LOL. I know it can be done under usual snow conditions but I'd think it would be pretty difficult if there's 4 1/2 feet there.
I am sure there are drifts that create deeper and shallower areas of snow. After a big snow here in CO I see the yotes out in full force. Still need to eat I guess.

Just for reference here's a picture of the snow I was talking about...

17022263_1453615727984645_3971112409294299323_n.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu