Moved to san francisco from san diego looking for any outdoors men, fish or hunt

Hale_Abels1

Oct 31, 2014
Just moved to San Francisco for school, i am a 19 year old avid hunter and fishermen, but really don't know anybody to do that stuff with up here, let alone really know any good spots because everything that is on the internet is either over fished over hunted or old news. Im so deprived of hunting Im driving to El Centro next weekend the second my class gets out. Really would like to fine someone up here to go and hunt with or fish with. If anyone is up in the bay area let me know. or if anyone knows some good spots to hunt/fish up here. I am willing and able to hunt just about anything, really want to go and hunt for some pig, and upland or waterfowl soon. Let me know.

** IF IT FLYS IT DIES**

There used to be tons of pheasant hunting opportunities in the Sacramento/Upper San J Valley area......Not so much anymore......Waterfowl on the other hand has a lot of options......Refuges very close to Frisco and surrounding area.......Go to the DFW website and get the particulars......I will help with any refuges you may want to hunt (love Sac & Delevan NWR's). I've hunted many of them......Lots of turkeys up that way as well.

ilovesprig said:
There used to be tons of pheasant hunting opportunities in the Sacramento/Upper San J Valley area......Not so much anymore......Waterfowl on the other hand has a lot of options......Refuges very close to Frisco and surrounding area.......Go to the DFW website and get the particulars......I will help with any refuges you may want to hunt (love Sac & Delevan NWR's). I've hunted many of them......Lots of turkeys up that way as well.

Yeah I looked up some spots, there are areas on the bay you can hunt but you need a boat, Unfortunately its hard enough to try to park my car let alone find a spot for a boat or i would bring my skiff back up here. Toattaly spaced on the DFW site, sometmes the most obvious things are the least obvious. Ive heard great things about Sac and Delevan. I haven't done a whole bunch of waterfowl hunting and would definitely consider my self a complete beginner, even though i've killed ducks I don't have enough experience to call my self much more than a rookie which i'm fine with. Hunting and Fishing is my passion and I have no problem with putting in the time and effort to be successful with it. Honestly just want to get out and hunt. Really trying to get with more hunters up here, or at least find more spots to hunt.
Turkeys huh? I imagine up in sonoma country has some good turkey hunting, but the most i've heard about that area is for pig, near lake sonoma.

Your gonna waste your time driving to the valley from way up north ... That's like a 10 hour drive for you. Hunt ducks up there ! The hunting from what iv read and been told,is way better up there than dowwn here.

stikbrandon said:
Your gonna waste your time driving to the valley from way up north ... That's like a 10 hour drive for you. Hunt ducks up there ! The hunting from what iv read and been told,is way better up there than dowwn here.

Got to go get my black lab anyways down there, might as well hunt.

Hey I live in San Francisco. I am a mostly novice hunter but I'm a member of a hunt club. Feel free to look me up at rockandrollgeek at gmail dot com

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu