Moving Out of So Cal :(

CobPipeMan

Feb 5, 2015
So it looks like I will be moving out of Southern California at the end of the month. My employer is relocating me to Monterey. Anybody ever hunt near there? I was looking into Los Padres, but am uncertain of where to start. Any advice would be appreciated and would make me feel better about having to move.

If you come down towards San Luis Obispo, there's plenty of hunting in the Los Padres Nat Park. Lots of happy deer, hogs, quail, cotton tail, turkey, etc. Not sure about right near Monterey, but San Luis is only a couple hours south, if that.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Lots of great private stuff up that way (like everywhere else)......After getting to know some your fellow employees, I would find out who hunts.......Hunt public, but start working on some permish on private........ ;)

Monterrey is close to where Russian blues were first let loose. Probably close to some of the finest hunting country there is. Big deer in town; but of course you can't shoot them. I have a friend that lives there and when out on morning runs he sees 3-6 almost every day.

You are so lucky!

You are in a better place now for hunting. Enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There are a ton of hippies up there I hear they are in season! Other then that its beutiful country close to pigs, elk, deer, turkey and not that far of a drive if you want to do some oregon hunting as well. You will be close to central cal as well. Its a lot more spread out up there.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu