Mt. Lion kill in campground

MJB

Nov 20, 2012
San Diego
Their's a half eaten doe up at Burnt Ranchita campground......be careful up there!

Pretty funny hearing the campers asking why the deer is dead.......ah mother nature

Reactions: Juan
Jesus. The legs and paws on that kitty look so massive it's almost fake.

Ps. Pics like that and you still don't carry a weapon to your spots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That entire Mt. is loaded with them the one last week was 200yds from another campground.
A couple years ago I was in a stand heard this screech when I back to the truck a kid and his father were white eyed and visibly shaken they saw the lion kill a doe right in front of them.

And you can't carry a gun while bow hunting

Reactions: SoCalB3AST
Steve,

Get a load of these two (probably mom & cub)......Same place......:scream:

.View attachment 28070
I once had a group of hunters try to stop me from going in well before sunrise in an area which looks like that. At the time I thought they just wanted to be first going in (they were hanging by their trucks), but soon after I started to think that maybe they were trying to protect me from one of these.

My feeling is they're as afraid of me as I am of them.....It's probably young males that cause the most problems.....This big boy was killed on my friends ranch in Montana a few weeks back.

.IMG_0254.JPG

I know you can't carry a gun bow hunting. Obviously that is out. And yeah you are right about more scared of you. But you get 2 or 3 hunting together and they work up some courage. I'm sure it will only take one bad incident before the govvy goes on a purge mission of them. Like the pigs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have had a few deaths they just bring in the federal trapper and remove that lion. No purge

We do need them in the ecosystem but their are too many in some areas

After four generations of being banned from hunting long tail you really think they are afraid of people? I seriously doubt it having walked within 20 feet of a mom and her cub or a single sitting in a public park under bushes waiting for a dog.

One grabbed a four year old last week in Idaho sitting in camp.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57b24ccce4b0863b02846ee0
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57b24ccce4b0863b02846ee0

I am way more worried about rattlers then I am lions. They are everywhere in our mountains watching us and we never see them. Most don't want trouble like Steve said its the young males that cause all the mischief. I Definately think lion hunting should be legal but without dogs it would almost be pointless. I want to get out some day on a dog lion hunt in AZ. Tree one and shoot it with a revolver watching those dogs work and do what they love is awesome.

After four generations of being banned from hunting long tail you really think they are afraid of people? I seriously doubt it having walked within 20 feet of a mom and her cub or a single sitting in a public park under bushes waiting for a dog.

Yes, I do........1000's of people in our back country on an almost daily basis and few real issues (mostly the killing of chickens, goats, sheep. etc.)......Trust me, if they wanted kids or people, they could kill one everyday.....Check out Heise Park sometime.....Kids everywhere on week-ends.....We actually put up signs warning of cats because we get so many on trail cams.....Knock on wood.....Yet to have an incident.

I've hunted our east county hard for 20 years for turkeys (and many years before that for quail & deer)......My friends have hunted east county for 20 years for turkeys.....100's of hours and miles walked......In all those years and hours spent sitting, listening, and watching for movement....I've got one friend that has had an encounter with a lion. And he had two about 10 years ago.....Both times the cat just moved off.....I can think of about 3 friends who's ever even seen one.

The odds of being attacked are probably similar to hitting the lotto IMO......Millions to one.

Yes, I do........1000's of people in our back country on an almost daily basis and few real issues (mostly the killing of chickens, goats, sheep. etc.)......Trust me, if they wanted kids or people, they could kill one everyday.....Check out Heise Park sometime.....Kids everywhere on week-ends.....We actually put up signs warning of cats because we get so many on trail cams.....Knock on wood.....Yet to have an incident.

I've hunted our east county hard for 20 years for turkeys (and many years before that for quail & deer)......My friends have hunted east county for 20 years for turkeys.....100's of hours and miles walked......In all those years and hours spent sitting, listening, and watching for movement....I've got one friend that has had an encounter with a lion. And he had two about 10 years ago.....Both times the cat just moved off.....I can think of about 3 friends who's ever even seen one.

The odds of being attacked are probably similar to hitting the lotto IMO......Millions to one.

I'm 73 years young and have been hunting and fishing the back country since l was 8 yrs old, I have never seen a mountain lion, but my wife saw one walk across our front porch a few years ago, I live in Flynn Springs and have seen every wild animal you can name in my yard except a the lion my wife saw

Just wait till the Bears get going they will be an issue before lions ever will.

The hound ban has all ready had a big impact on the bears. No fear and a lot more encounters the fed trappers will be well fed and they can use hounds to find problem Bears

We do maybe one or two if that.
The one the BP caught on video crossing the 8 and a few residents have said they've seen one but it could of been a big pig, Bigfoot or the moonshine....

Reactions: d16ridgehiker

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu