Muleys in SoCal?

Lungpopper said:
PyroTekRob said:
That's the hard part. I'd have to scout local, D15, more than likely. But I work 60-70 hrs a week. 6 days a week. I don't want a free kill or hand out. It's finding the time to put the work in. When you don't have tons of time to put in, the 10% just seem kind of discouraging. Same with the pigs around here. I just want to put meat in my freezer. I'll have to put the little free time I have to good use.

With the limited time you have deer hunting will be tough but you shouldn't be discouraged from getting out that one day a week and trying to make it happen.
For pig hunting I would recommend getting a guide.
That's about what I've come to, for pigs anyway. I might have access to a private ranch up north I can take pigs on. Trying to find if there is anything on our 700 acres in Tracey as well, besides the neighbors cows from time to time. So I'll check out BHCR, and also see if there any other guides for local pig, or try the private property up north.

And time to get gear and extend the weekend hikes. Probably need to leave the dogs at home.

PyroTekRob said:
Lungpopper said:
PyroTekRob said:
That's the hard part. I'd have to scout local, D15, more than likely. But I work 60-70 hrs a week. 6 days a week. I don't want a free kill or hand out. It's finding the time to put the work in. When you don't have tons of time to put in, the 10% just seem kind of discouraging. Same with the pigs around here. I just want to put meat in my freezer. I'll have to put the little free time I have to good use.

With the limited time you have deer hunting will be tough but you shouldn't be discouraged from getting out that one day a week and trying to make it happen.
That's about what I've come to, for pigs anyway. I might have access to a private ranch up north I can take pigs on. Trying to find if there is anything on our 700 acres in Tracey as well, besides the neighbors cows from time to time. So I'll check out BHCR, and also see if there any other guides for local pig, or try the private property up north.

And time to get gear and extend the weekend hikes. Probably need to leave the dogs at home.
BHCR isn't a real hunt. It's Great if you just want to put meat in the freezer, but you'll be in and out in few hours. But if you want to do a fun 2 day pig hunt check out Giant sequoia guide service

Nicholas909 said:
PyroTekRob said:
Lungpopper said:
PyroTekRob said:

BHCR isn't a real hunt. It's Great if you just want to put meat in the freezer, but you'll be in and out in few hours. But if you want to do a fun 2 day pig hunt check out Giant sequoia guide service
I understand that. But with my time restrictions it would be only for meat in the freezer. BHCR, as a local quick meat fix, and slight training/reintroduction. And the guides for when I can get more time. The hardest part is most my vacation time is taken by my pyrotechnics events. Week off in Feb, for Western Winter Blast in AZ, and a week off in Aug, for DoIt in NV. Plus 3 days off for 4th of July. And the random shows or events that come up throughout the year. Just going to need to learn to balance everything out.

As an ex commercial driver may I point out a BS total lie statement.... A ready mix driver must be commercial liceneced. A commercial driver may not drive more then certain hours. It's called a log. If the above statment is true first quit an sue for a whole load if money because that's unlawfulll for you to work that much and yes wether driving or not you are working and any one that has ever had a log book knows what I'm talking about. Second I'd like to know where so I can call DOT and CHP so they can inspect and write huge tickets. Every day and every hour is worth thousands to the state in fines and tickets Please if you are driving that much really quit and sue before you kill one of us or some one else.

GSPman said:
As an ex commercial driver may I point out a BS total lie statement.... A ready mix driver must be commercial liceneced. A commercial driver may not drive more then certain hours. It's called a log. If the above statment is true first quit an sue for a whole load if money because that's unlawfulll for you to work that much and yes wether driving or not you are working and any one that has ever had a log book knows what I'm talking about. Second I'd like to know where so I can call DOT and CHP so they can inspect and write huge tickets. Every day and every hour is worth thousands to the state in fines and tickets Please if you are driving that much really quit and sue before you kill one of us or some one else.
I am allowed to work up to 16hrs per day, and must have 10hrs between shifts. My normal day is about 12-14 hrs. I work Monday-Saturday. I have all my logs for the past year. So please explain where the law is being broken?

Lungpopper said:
My mom lives in Havasu. She says that Winter Blast is a great show. I need to get over there to see that.
It's a amazing show. Next Feb, usually presidents weekend. Let me know if you come out, I'll try and work out "Family seating" for you, if they still allow it.
Cobra said:
Welcome and good luck this year!
Thank you!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu