My 1st San Diego Buck

BComforted321

Aug 30, 2013
Hey guys. New to the website. I have been a customer of Fine Firearms for a while now and was urged by a certain salesman to share my buck and experience I had a few weeks ago! Not to mention I am excited to have killed my first buck ; )

We rode out to our favorite spot on motorcycles as we prefer to hunt that way. spotted a buck bedded down and decided that we could try to sneak in closer with the wind blowing the way it was. I was able to get within 150 yards and get a shot. I hit him in the lower section of his lungs and he went down hard. I shot him with a Tikka 260 rem that I recently bought and it did the trick!

The crazy part of the hunt happened after I shot my buck, another buck that I was unaware of came down to where my buck was laying and started goring and ramming it and proceeded to do so until he had pushed it down the hill 100 yards aware from their beds and stopped when he seemed to be satisfied that my buck was dead. Very interesting to witness. Anyways I had a great time here are a couple pics.

I hope all you guys had a good time too!

Attachments

• 1st San Diego Buck.jpg
    1st San Diego Buck.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
  • Buck Bikes Beyond.jpg
    Buck Bikes Beyond.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 405
Well done! Congratulations on a hard earned D16 buck, and a great one for your first!

Nice job BComforted321. I like the way you "roll"! That is a great first Southern California Buck! Thanks for the story and pictures...

Looks like that salesman must have some influence! ;D

congrats on your first dude! I would give anything to relive my first again........her name was samantha and errr oh sorry. Watch out for that guy at fine firearms. He will have you shooting a .260 next thing you know.

:)

Cool story! That other buck must have been part shark. He smelled blood and came in for a piece of the action!

I wonder who sold you that setup. But great buck, setup and even better story. I plan to have a very similar rig sometime.

Hell yah! Congrats on a beautiful first!

Been wanting to do the motorcycle thing for a few years. There's a few areas they can get you away from the crowds rather easily.

If the part shark were smarter, he'd have waited till you left and butted the remains. I guess you're done scouting for next season ;)

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu