My Az bull

Nice bull ED!

One month and ill be in AZ chasing them around i can not wait :)

Here's the short story and some pics. I drew an Arizona elk tag this year with my buddy. I had never set foot in this unit so I did a scouting trip two weeks before the season. Az is really wet and green this year because of the monsoons. We made a very comfortable camp a few days before the season and another buddy who also had a tag joined us. The hunt started with bulls bugling every morning and evening. We passed up quite a few bulls and the bigger bulls weren't responding to calls. We changed tactics and moved in on herds silently. On the 8th day I was surrounded by a herd when the herd bull swung around to pick up some scattered cows. He stopped at 30 yards and I drilled him. A nice 6 point. We hunted the entire 14 day season and my buddies weren't able to connect.... they had several chances. Ed F

20140910_152534_zpsdd5116f6.jpg

20140910_171841_zpsddcdd7e7.jpg

IMG_1256_zpsef053948.jpg

Very strong work. Arizona is a dandy of a state for elk. Great story and pics and welcome to SCH.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu