My Day in Pictures....5-5-17

ilovesprig

Staff member
Started off doing a little ground squirrel shooting....Pretty tough with such high grasses, but the ones around rock outcrops were in danger....Rabbit season should be a great one July 1st.....The bunnies were everywhere.....Lots of mating doves as well in the flat lands around Mesa Grande.

Then it was up to Palomar Mt. and my favorite pond.....Crappie and bluegill are expected despite how low the pond got, but what I loved seeing was a largemouth caught.

Sadly, the weather is supposed to be wet & cold this week-end.....Not good for any less than 100 day old poults....Keeping my fingers crossed on the survival rate.

ps.......Happy Senko De Mayo.......:blush:

.025.JPG 003.JPG 020.JPG 031.JPG 007.JPG 013.JPG 018.JPG 033.JPG

Last edited:
Started off doing a little ground shooting....Pretty tough with such high grasses, but the ones around rock outcrops were in danger....Rabbit season should be a great one July 1st.....The bunnies were everywhere.....Lots of mating doves as well in the flat lands around Mesa Grande.

Then it was up to Palomar Mt. and my favorite pond.....Crappie and bluegill are expected despite how low the pond got, but what I loved seeing was a largemouth caught.

Sadly, the weather is supposed to be wet & cold this week-end.....Not good for any less than 100 day old poults....Keeping my fingers crossed on the survival rate.

ps.......Happy Senko De Mayo.......:blush:

.View attachment 30060 View attachment 30061 View attachment 30062 View attachment 30063 View attachment 30064 View attachment 30065 View attachment 30066 View attachment 30067
What a nice day in the field! Lots of color on all the fishes. I hear the Senko de Mayos work great on Spanish mackerel.

I want to join that club just for that pond to take the kids fishing!

Justin,

We were very concerned that the fish had all died after the low water & drought.....Thankfully, they did not.....I've been told some big catfish have been caught too.....It is a beautiful place and hard to believe it's San Diego Co.

.016.JPG 019.JPG

That squirrel spillage looks like the work of your HMR.17:eek:
Great day, thanks for sharing.

Randy,

That little gun is incredibly accurate (Savage Mod 93 .17 HMR)....I had the same gun with a bull barrel.....I don't think it was any more accurate & this model is much easier to carry.

.001.JPG

Steve you are the definition of "Have a Nice Day". That is really nice place. SCH almost had the 2nd annual banquet / picnic at that spot.

Back