My doggy

Aw damn man... sorry about that. Sigh... my little one is 13, has 3 teeth left, so a bit of her tongue is often hangin out all the dang time now... now often wets her bed when she sleeps, is becoming more difficult to start her on the walks. (She gets obstinate to beginning the walk.)

So I've been trying to mentally prepare myself just in case her body up and decides to all of a sudden tap-out someday soon. For now seems ok though. <crosses fingers>

I feel for you man. I'm gonna be a total mess when my babies have to leave me. They've basically been my only constant companions working from home and all for as long as I have now. Had 'em both since pup.

Did you have your baby since pup?

Reactions: longbowhunter2
He was about two, showed at my door at my old place, starving, beat up, been hit, broken front leg.
We took him in, nursed him back to health. He has been one of our best dogs ever. Kids grew up with him.
He was nanny dog . Like said gentle
Would not hurt a fly..

How are they handling it? What are there ages? (I'm asking to compare notes for when it's our turn, my boy is soon to be 12yo)

Reactions: longbowhunter2
When it rains it pours... I lost me dear Mum in 2010 and months later I had to put down my first bird dog from cancer as well. Thank God, there aren't too many years like that in Life.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu