My first AR hunt....and turkey look around

Matt F.

Mar 6, 2013
So went out for my first California hunt, goal was to see if we could call in a coyote or 2 and scout around for some turkey possibilities....hiked a while until we came to some fresh scat and tracks...tried calling to no avail then moved on and tried some more spots...ended up with 1 coyote and one heck of a promising turkey location...my pal got the coyote as it came in quick and fast and dispersed of it in 1 solid shot, younger good looking coyote (ill guess 30ish lbs felt about the same as a decent homeguard yellowtail weight wise) taken with a S&W AR...hopefully next time one comes in on my side!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    715.5 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    710.9 KB · Views: 21

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu