My first duck!

8SteelTown

Went out Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for whatever happened to cross paths with me. Really trying for dove and cotton, but none to be found. TONS of water in all my spots and just nasty mud. Almost got stuck everywhere I went. Got blanked on Friday. Went out Saturday and blanked again (except for a devil chicken or two). Turns out almost ALL the black birds that I see around are ravens. Monster birds. Went for predator Sunday morning and my spot got busted by some dove hunter who thought it would be smart to drive through a flooded farm field. Needless to say the whole spot got busted. Continued to my local spots and nothing was doing. Went to a spot with low expectations and saw some water with a couple coots on it. Walked down by the water and this duck popped up. Caught me off guard. I maybe should've let it get a little farther away, but the end result was the same. My very first duck!!! Might not be a big deal to you waterfolwers, but for me, i'm friggin stoked! Adding a post on the recipe page as well.
Duck1.jpg

Dude, now you will forever be hopelessly hooked on waterfowl hunting....it's a sickness I tell ya.

Congrats on the bird and good getting out!

msteiger said:
Beautiful bird! Green winged teal, right?

Right........Congrats.........I got duck fever in 1969. I haven't been able to kick it. In fact at 66. It's gotten worse........lol

ilovesprig said:
msteiger said:
Beautiful bird! Green winged teal, right?

Right........Congrats.........I got duck fever in 1969. I haven't been able to kick it. In fact at 66. It's gotten worse........lol

x2. Lol Sprig. It's got me jonz'n to leave work early and swing by some water holes!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu