My sons first kill

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
So I kind of fibbed on those two AZ rabbits. One of them I shot with my .22 but the other was my sons first kill. I wanted to clarify it was legal before posting picks I was 90% but now that I know he was all good here is the tale of his first kill.
Armed with his single shot .410 we set out to spot and stock rabbits in an area we knew there was a ton. He had a few close calls but couldn't get one to sit still long enough to get a good shot. Finally just before dark we got one to hold up about 15 yards away. He took a deep breath caulked his gun and blasted the rabbit. It made it about 5 feet before it took its last. I could not have been more proud of him. His exact words were "this is the best day of my life." Great weekend can't wait to get him back out there to get a few more.
We saved the feet and they are now hanging on his wall.
We have a turkey hunt planned on some private land up in Julian so hopefully his next post will be of a big tom.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    876.4 KB · Views: 41
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    874.8 KB · Views: 45
Ahh man bringin back memories. My first kill was a cotton tail in az, with a 410. And as a minor you only need to hunt under a licensed adult to be legal. At least that's how it was for me back then. I was funny having to take a hunters safety course in ca after hunting for 5 years in az

My 1st kill was a jack rabbit at Red Rock Cyn outside of Mojave...My dad's single shot .22 (still have it)...Something you never forget...... ;)

My first kill was also a rabbit with a pellet gun I almost always kill a limit of rabbit when I rabbit hunt their. I can't say where though because it also happens to be a great deer spot I also killed my first deer within 50 yards of where I killed my first rabbit

Thats what it is all about right There! Great photo!

First kill was my first hunt with a gun. A dove, wounded it and then I heard my uncle say "Tear its head off..." still smell the mullen under my feet on that brisk Sept morning in Shasta county

I was much older than those boys, I was lugging around an old 12g bolt action single shot..thing weighed a ton An amazing day for me

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu