Naming Dogs

QuackerSmacker

Jan 23, 2014
Carlsbad, CA
So I just purchased a pup from this litter and he'll be arriving next Friday. I need to come up with a registered name for him but I'm having a tough time. I know I'd like his call name to be "Hank" and I'd like to use a name or two from his ancestry but I'm having a hard time drilling something down. I thought I would reach out to the SCH world to gather thoughts. Thanks guys (and gals)!

http://carterbrittanykennels.com/NGDCNAGDCFCAFCPeterGunnxGen.html - This is a link to his pedigree.

Look like you should have a great pup. I've never put much into all the names but I know many do. I've had gsp's goldens spaniels and my wife has show Maltese (tiny white balls of fur). We just hi with one name we like that is simple and then what ever sounds good one name from moms side and one from dads either mom and dad's name one grandma and grandpa...

I corrently have Gunner n 18m old gsp hrs got other names I've forgotten on paper

I think you should name him Nimrod. Nimrod was a mighty hunter in the bible. The added bonus to the name is that you can use his name even when you get made at him haha

I was taught two syllables in a name seeing as most commands are 1 syllables and nothing close to "no"

Have fun with the pup!

Are you looking for a registered name? Anything could be used with the call name "Hank." For example, one of my dogs (currently in Poland) was in a litter of 11 whose breeder required us to name based on something "pirate" related. Mine is Eddy after Edward Thatch (Blackbeard), but his registered name includes A Shore Thing (not including Eddy/Edward/Blackbeard).

I love the name game!
Hmmm...
For Pete's Sake
Risky Business
Hanky Panky

Depends on just what you're looking for.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu