Navigable Water Way?

Auguie

Nov 20, 2019
I'm looking to go duck hunting on the Santa Ynez river under Cachuma lake in Santa Barbara county in CA This season. The river is pretty small but not a little creek. Could I hunt on a kayak on the river. Would it be considered Navigable Water way?

I'm assuming it's private property on both sides of the river...You need a place to enter that is accessible (public) and you need a place to exit that is public...I'll call the county or DFW...You don't want the judge making this decision.

Reactions: nicapopolis
I'm assuming it's private property on both sides of the river...You need a place to enter that is accessible (public) and you need a place to exit that is public...I'll call the county or DFW...You don't want the judge making this decision.

What Steve said and you need to take very controlled shots. Drop those birds into the navigable waterway.

Reactions: ilovesprig
I’ve heard rappelling off the county bridge doesn’t constitute legal access, although it’s the most obvious.

Many have tried before...all have falied...its all private with 0 access...those folks are pretty hostile out there..green jeans and S.O on speed dial...

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Its private property...hence trespassing. Doubt youd get your yack in the creek before the man showed up...but, if your a gamblin man..What could go wrong?

Its private property...hence trespassing. Doubt youd get your yack in the creek before the man showed up...but, if your a gamblin man..What could go wrong?

Then im on navigable water way

Attachments

• 2020-05-22_LI.jpg
    2020-05-22_LI.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 9
The definition of navigable water is muddled and complex. From what little I know of that area I think it best to forget about it and go to plan B.
Then im on public water way

Attachments

• 2020-05-22_LI.jpg
    2020-05-22_LI.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 18
Ha!! Im hoping you kill that duck dude! Post him when you shoot him.
Preferably in october.

Also...make sure you engage the landowner feature on your onx...not just the deer zone...it will save you in the long run....feeling generous tonight!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu