Need help with J-14 hunt for my daughter!

Mandog760

Jun 18, 2015
Hi Folks!
My daughter drew some awesome tags this year, she drew a G-13 and a J-14! Tag so now my work begins I think I got the G-13 covered I know this area pretty well so hopefully she will have some opportunities out here. The problem is J-14 I don't know the first thing about the area and I only have one weekend to scout before their hunting season starts over in D-19. Now just so we're clear I'm not asking for anybody's honey holes or anything like that I'm willing to work for it. I could just some general tips or suggestions about the area For example roads, or crowded areas to avoid or places to camp. We are scheduled to camp out there for three days this season so any tips would greatly be appreciated. Thank you. :-\

Don't know much about D-19 other than I used to see deer while bass fishing Hemet Lake at the Northwest side.....I had a person tell me he got a buck near Thomas Mt as well.

A pretty close friend is the biologist in that area. I'll give him a call.......Good luck.

Pm me closer to the season. I can give you some info. I have had family draw j14 last 2 years the first kid killed nice deer. Last year the other kid gave up after the first morning so we were unable to fill the tag.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu