Need help

The BLM office in El Centro for maps...Rancho Bernardo for Cleveland National Forest for maps.

On X Hunts is a must

Like they said, OnXMaps is a must these days but if you're a map nerd like me I highly recommend getting the quadrangle CNF map atlas. Google it - it's available on the USGS online store. I also like the BLM local maps (El Cajon and El Centro field office regions) but they're not as portable as the CNF atlas so they're really just meant for home viewing.

What are you having trouble with on OnXMaps?

Onxmaps are like trail cams both crutches for real woodsmanship.

Boots, and lots of ground to cover will get you going the fastest. Walking slow reading tracks and the terrain.

Books and videos to watch
Yotes: look up "hunting the hunter" best all around book on yote hunting.
Deer: "living among the mule deer" Good watch on deer over all behavior.

And most deer in the 16 are on BLM land that looks like nothing could survive there.

Onx has tutorials to help you understand how to navigate. Take the time to get acquainted.

Reactions: JakeSCH
Every year we have a few professional on x subscribers that attempt to hop a fence...they get educated very quickly on the shortcomings of not understanding how to use the application correctly by ranch personnel.. up to and including law enforcement...depending on the mood of the day..it can be very costly for them...Know your app if you gonna purchase it

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu