Never too early

SluiceCoot

Oct 25, 2014
Rancho
Finally got around to cleaning up my pile of gear. Figured I'd get my son involved (2 1/2). He loved it. His favorite part was filling the sled with water and making the "ducks go swimming." I had to promise him I'd put a decoy in his bathtub at night. To wash my waders I jumped in them and let him squirt me with the water hose. He thought that was the greatest thing ever. Never to early to prep but more importantly it's never too early to get kids excited about hunting and hanging out with dad. That's what it is all about anyways. Although it was just a simple task, this was one of the best days I've ever had with my son.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    809.7 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 35
That's awesome. Getting my kids excited about hunting is my number 1 goal. My granddaughter is turning 8 next month. She is so excited about studying the hunter safety book over the summer. She told me the other day "if my grades are good at the end of the year can I go coyote hunting with you". :)

The look on your boys Face is priceless.

Ya can't wait for waterfowl season. I was looking at the dates yesterday. Your boy will be picking up birds this year for sure. Have him bring his BB gun it's hilarious.

My boy is the same age, can't wait to get him in the blind this next season.

Great pics!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu