New Endangered Species. But Do you think they will put this one on the list?

invisible man

Walk The Line
Oct 7, 2011
About 20 feet up
We have all been saying this for years, but now its official. http://blogs.voanews.com/all-about-america/2014/12/08/are-us-hunters-an-endangered-species/

Re: New Indangered Species. But Do you think they will put this one on the list?

im doing my best to keep it going. my grandfather was a hunter, my father is a hunter, i am, my wife is, my 3 teenage kids (including my 12yr old daughter) are and ive got 4 step grandchildren i plan on training. no Saturday soccer for us.

Re: New Indangered Species. But Do you think they will put this one on the list?

Gspman said:
im doing my best to keep it going. my grandfather was a hunter, my father is a hunter, i am, my wife is, my 3 teenage kids (including my 12yr old daughter) are and ive got 4 step grandchildren i plan on training. no Saturday soccer for us.

Good on ya, GSP..........Soccer was the start of the softening of our youth..........I try to take as many kids and adults for that matter, as I can......It's almost impossible to start hunting these days without a mentor, especially waterfowl.

ilovesprig said:
Good on ya, GSP..........Soccer was the start of the softening of our youth
Um...
Huh?!?

ilovesprig said:
I try to take as many kids and adults for that matter, as I can......

Will you take me squirrel and rabbit hunting with my new .17 HMR??? ;D

I dont mean to beat up just on soccer or anything like that im just saying no soccer mom or "play dates" around here just an out doors family. I think everything needs to be in balance but our kids now days know nothing of where food comes from or what it takes to survive. Hunters kids for the most part do. my kids do. My grandchildren are already learning at 4,5 and 6 it all up to us parents and older people to pass these things on. and if after that they want to play soccer in the spring when nothing much is in season i guess its ok. ;) they make too much noise to take yote hunting anyway,

No worries, I get what you and Sprig mean. Just busting some chops. Too much scheduling and structure. We could all use more walks in the woods.
;)

It all started with being PC........the one that burns a hole in me is not keeping score when they're young....kids know who's winning.....stupid parents!

I've started out quite a few. No one wants to work they think it is easy

MJB said:
It all started with being PC........the one that burns a hole in me is not keeping score when they're young....kids know who's winning.....stupid parents!

Or not giving them bad grades because that would make them feel bad. Hey, they should feel bad and work harder to correct it. Society now wants everyone to be the same -- everyone to the mediocre middle. This can only lead to Loserville.

Sdbirds said:

So true!

so many people see it on tv and figured it was a cake walk.

Sdbirds said:
Amen to that I got a few friends who want to start hunting but they're just lazy and think it's easy and that they can do anything I can do. But they just don't have the patience or the desire and don't have the patience for it.

Hunting is easy, anyone wanna hunt a-zone with me next year?

TaftHunter said:

I do i do pick me pick me. i work up that way about 1/2 the month its amazing but never got a chance to hunt it.

i might be out of shape but im not lazy ive got a nefew that asked to go deer hunting with me this year. he is only about 350 and 5'8"tall. I said no and took him to imperial this summer when it was 105 he took issue.

Gspman said:
TaftHunter said:

I do i do pick me pick me. i work up that way about 1/2 the month its amazing but never got a chance to hunt it.

i might be out of shape but im not lazy ive got a nefew that asked to go deer hunting with me this year. he is only about 350 and 5'8"tall. I said no and took him to imperial this summer when it was 105 he took issue.

You really want to? How close to New Cuyama do you work?

i work the west on the 101. i was in arroyo grande and santa maria yesturday. I usually only go for day trips up and back, my area is all the way to paso robles but sometimes im all the way up in gilroy. I had a great pig hunt this year outside of gilroy. I got a bear on an old private ranch last year off the 166 about 10 miles out side santa maria I used to also have the 14 and 58 and 99 including Taft, tachapie and ridgecrest got some nice yotes out side of ridge crest on BLM land.

Anyway im always ready for a hunt and to pay gas or drive. either way ive got a year to get in shape. do you bow or rifle i only hunt rifle. are a zone tags easy to get? OTC or draw?

Gspman said:
i work the west on the 101 i was in arroyo grande and santa maria yesturday. I usually only go for day trips up and back, my area is all the way to paso robles but sometimes im all the way up in gilroy. I had a great pig hunt this year outside of gilroy. I used to also have the 14 and 58 tact and ridgecrest got some nice yotes out side of ridge crest on BLM land.

Anyway im always ready for a hunt and to pay gas or drive. either way ive got a year to get in shape. do you bow or rifle i only hunt rifle. are a zone tags easy to get? OTC or draw?

Oh Okay I have some spots about 35-40 miles east of Santa Maria. Yeah I love ridgecrest, I'm making a trip up there in January for Yotes.

I hunt with both, just rifle tho, during rifle season.
Yes a-zone is otc, and never runs out of tags. The area I hunt is huge with tons of places to hike.
I actually took one of my buddies on a 3 mile hike (6 miles round trip) and he didn't want to go hunting with me again lol.
If you do end up hunting with me, get a bear tag too

i hunt the los padres i always get a bear tag and a bob cat tag. like i said ive got a year to get in shape most of my day is spent in the car on my back side kinda sucks but i never give up and 6 miles isnt that far but im sure is rough country. I also hunt ht elos padres alot and man that is rough stuff as well. Im always open to helping heft out meat. sounds good. we will not go extinct like "they" would like.

Gspman said:
i hunt the los padres i always get a bear tag and a bob cat tag. like i said ive got a year to get in shape most of my day is spent in the car on my back side kinda sucks but i never give up and 6 miles isnt that far but im sure is rough country. I also hunt ht elos padres alot and man that is rough stuff as well. Im always open to helping heft out meat. sounds good. we will not go extinct like "they" would like.

Oh nice!
Yeah as the crow flies, 6 miles is nothing. But in 100 degree heat, looking 3 miles back up to where the truck is, you wish you had a helicopter hahaha. Longest hike I have been on was 7 miles in 7 miles back, over night. On the way back I really thought I was going to die. Everyone in the group ran out water like 1/2 mile from the truck. And the last pull was straight up. I won't be doing that hike again

You two wanna take it to another room? This thread got way off topic.... :eek:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu