New Guy on the Block

Driz

Oct 3, 2019
OC
What’s up everyone! I’m Driz and I’m stoked to finally be a part of SCHoutdoors! I’ve been hunting and fishing since I was a kid, but don’t consider myself a pro by any means.

My main plug for hunting has been Camp Pendleton MCB in San Diego since 2013 and San Jacinto WA because they’re fairly close and I just haven’t been able to explore other places until now that I’m older, got my own truck, gun, and hard-earned cash. I am quite knowledgeable on all things hunting at Pendleton if anyone needs any pointers. I’ve taken my first deer, rabbits, dove, and quail all there, so I know a bit about the place.

I look forward to sharing success and gaining/giving new insight with all of you in hopes of a successful season! Below are a few of my humble successes over the last four years. Mahalo!
f384d09794990434ab9a4388e336ec5a.jpg
1e430bb990b83c5d31005e3861a07801.jpg
b25101c297d97776162902f42bc84d33.jpg
277444d177515184125a8a61a8fbf320.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Welcome to the form. Pendelton is my stomping grounds too! Should be lots of areas open this weekend with the long weekend. I will be there Monday.

Reactions: Driz
Driz,

Welcome to SCH...Good start to your hunting adventures...Doe with a shotgun...I like it... :yum

That was the best eating deer I’ve had so far. Hoping to get one of those G10 monsters next season. Thanks for the welcome!

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Welcome to the form. Pendelton is my stomping grounds too! Should be lots of areas open this weekend with the long weekend. I will be there Monday.

Right on! Looking forward to bagging a few bunnies with my dad this weekend, all while scouting for deer and quail.

Reactions: msailor
What’s up everyone! I’m Driz and I’m stoked to finally be a part of SCHoutdoors! I’ve been hunting and fishing since I was a kid, but don’t consider myself a pro by any means.

My main plug for hunting has been Camp Pendleton MCB in San Diego since 2013 and San Jacinto WA because they’re fairly close and I just haven’t been able to explore other places until now that I’m older, got my own truck, gun, and hard-earned cash. I am quite knowledgeable on all things hunting at Pendleton if anyone needs any pointers. I’ve taken my first deer, rabbits, dove, and quail all there, so I know a bit about the place.

I look forward to sharing success and gaining/giving new insight with all of you in hopes of a successful season! Below are a few of my humble successes over the last four years. Mahalo!
f384d09794990434ab9a4388e336ec5a.jpg
1e430bb990b83c5d31005e3861a07801.jpg
b25101c297d97776162902f42bc84d33.jpg
277444d177515184125a8a61a8fbf320.jpg

Welcome to SCH.

I'm a former Pendleton resident as well and don't hunt it nearly as often as I should. What unit are you with?

Right on! Looking forward to bagging a few bunnies with my dad this weekend, all while scouting for deer and quail.

Saw a huge flock of quail in K2 near the SMR2 border. They just kept coming out of a bush one after another.

@Khanda I’m not in the military (yet) My dad is a DOD civilian employee so I can only go with him.

@msailor I’ve had covies of quail surround me when I was deer and duck hunting that area a couple years ago. I know where you’re talking about. You got a G10 tag this year?

I see quail all the time when I’m hunting everything else but never when I’m quail hunting. I’ve bagged one to date.

@msailor I’ve had covies of quail surround me when I was deer and duck hunting that area a couple years ago. I know where you’re talking about. You got a G10 tag this year?

I do have a G10. They sold out fast this year. Quail are always around me too when I am deer hunting. But I have seen a bunch I think they open on the 19th

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu