New here and to hunting, looking for hunting partners

TomtomMck

Hi all,
I'm a new hunter, on land anyway. I've been once for pigs up in Medicino. Looking for more chances near San Diego. Lots of experience spear fishing and hook and line. I have a boat you want you want to go spear some rockfish.

I'm a stay at home dad, have a lot of time on Fridays to hit up the local area. Right now I want to focus on rifle hunting. Ground squirrels and coyotes sound like fun and something I can do in my time constraints, but I'm not against anything else in season.

No family was in to hunting, so at 46 I may seem to old to mentor, but I'm smart enough to shut up, listen and learn.

If you are looking for a hunting buddy, or even just someone to scout with (and you are dedicated to being safe with a firearm if we have them), hit me up.

BTW, currently armed with Marlin 80 (.22), a Savage 93r17 (17hmr) and I'm working on my mosin for bigger stuff and looking for next hunting rifle

TTM,

Welcome to SCH......Not a lot of squirrels on public land, but hunting coyotes, especially in the IV is pretty open.....Rabbits are the ground squirrels of the desert..... ;)

I'll second that about the lack of squirrels on public land. I saw a squirrel once while hunting rabbits and decided not to shoot it just because it was probably the last one.

Back