New Hunter in Murrieta

davenportdp

Feb 17, 2015
Hello SC Hunters,

Just following protocol and making my first post in the NOOB-DEN. I will finish up my hunting license application process the first week in March and plan on going on some coyote hunts shortly thereafter.

I hope to meet some more experienced hunters on SCH and eventually tag along on some hunts to learn the ropes. I'm prior military but have no training on hunting anything other than bipedal humanoids. So far I have learned a lot in the Varmint & Predator forums. The key acronym of the day is SSS in case of a hostile cougar engagement - that's probably a double entendre for So-Cal, HAHA!

Thanks,

Daniel

Welcome Daniel and thank you for your service..........If your going to get into hunting, be multi faceted.......Lots of great opps here in SoCal........ ;)

Welcome to SCH Daniel. We thank you for your sevice. Lot's of good stuff here so don't be shy.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I can't wait to get licensed and put some boots on the ground with the trusty rifle. I assume just getting outdoors and in the forest while armed is exciting enough.

This may not be the place to ask, but does anyone have experience with the ICOtec GC300 or have recommendations on a better electronic caller?

davenportdp said:
Thanks for the warm welcome! I can't wait to get licensed and put some boots on the ground with the trusty rifle. I assume just getting outdoors and in the forest while armed is exciting enough.

This may not be the place to ask, but does anyone have experience with the ICOtec GC300 or have recommendations on a better electronic caller?
The icotec is a great caller for the price, the new gc500 is awesome

Thanks wiley. With the reasonable price and 4.4 star rating on amazon (after 300+ reviews) it seemed like a solid choice, I just needed an independent hunter's approval fore me to 'pull the trigger' LOL. The GC500 price tag is a little more than I am willing to pay at this time.

Hey man I'm a new shooter as well. I live in Lake Elsinore. Hit me up if you want to go drop some brass some time.

I just recently bought the icotec c350. Definitely get one that you can program other calls onto as it comes with calls that you won't really need. but the icotec is really easy to program, loud, and can be set up to 300 yards away. I've called in two so far with the pre-programmed sounds

Thank you for your service and welcome to the site. Lots of bird hunting down here for whatever your looking for. Also big game and predator hunting.

So Amazon has this deal.

This item:Mojo Outdoors Critter Decoy
$39.69 Prime

ICOtec GC300 - Call of the Wild Electronic Game Call
$61.99 Prime

Wildlife Research 526 Coyote Juice Calling…
$7.91 Prime

All for $109.59

Is this worth getting? The decoy and the juice that is? Or should I just go with the GC300??
Thoughts?

I think I've already posted this, but Wal-Marts are blowing out their predator stuff.....Any call including e-callers were 5 bucks. The Primo's rabbits 5 bucks too......I bought everything they had at the Wal-Mart in San Marcos......... ;)

ive got the 350 on my wish list so i can have something smaller then my home made one and remote with calls i can up load and down load. as for the mojo Get one!!! they work wonderfully...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu