New San Diego hunter

Jackrabbit

Jan 5, 2020
Just wanted to check in with you guys hunting the San Diego area to learn as much as possible.i have a lot of outdoor experience but new to hunting just bought the license and turkey tag and have been out hiking and surveying some areas. I would appreciate any guidance or advice offered I'm planning on riffle for deer season. But focused on turkey for now any advice? Thanks

Jack,

Welcome to SCH...NWTF has a Spring Turkey Tune-Up on Feb 22nd at Lake Sutherland...Really fun day about all things turkey and turkey hunting...You can shoot and pattern your turkey gun too.

ps...When you said turkey tag...Did you mean upland validation?

pss...There's a NWTF monthly meeting in Poway on Jan 28th at Kaminsky's Sport bar...Starts at 6:00 pm...All public is invited.

Reactions: Jackrabbit

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu