New to A tag

PyroTekRob

Nov 3, 2013
So for our 2nd year(season) hunting we decided to try something differernt. We went with a SoCal either sex A tag. Now we arent looking for honey holes or anything like that. But with the extended season whats the best month to get out with a A zone tag on SoCal? Our main goal is meat in the freezer after having tag soup last yesr in the D zones. Which means we arent opposed to taking a doe either toward the end of the hunt. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Moves
The best time to hunt in is anytime you can possibly get out. Can’t shoot them from the couch. It’s a really long season because we don’t have a ton of deer. Don’t pass on the first day what you would shoot in your last.

The best time to hunt in is anytime you can possibly get out. Can’t shoot them from the couch. It’s a really long season because we don’t have a ton of deer. Don’t pass on the first day what you would shoot in your last.
And thats part of the reason we went with the A tag. Working construction with these freeway projects, hunting weekends only doesnt equal great success in a D zone, even when hunting both Archery and Rifle dates.

I wont pass anything shootable. Though i cant really find any "requirement" of legal doe. Other than moral of no doe with a fawn.

Rob,

A zone is no picnic either....The bow season openers this week-end.....Hot!

A legal "doe" can have 3" or shorter antlers.

Antlerless Deer

Female deer, fawns of either sex other than spotted fawns, and male deer with an unbranched antler on one or both sides which is not more than three inches in length (CCR T14-351(b)).

@PyroTekRob . Are you in San Diego or up a little north? If its San Diego I believe you are talking about an A-22 tag and not "A zone" tag correct? If your near LA I think its A-31 or A-32...not sure. Know the difference. An A-22 is the either sex tag for the D-16 zone. An "A zone" tag is for the "A" zone of California which is up north from us here in San Diego. The A-22 is a great tag as it really extends your season from first Saturday in Sept up til Dec 31.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Rob,

A zone is no picnic either....The bow season openers this week-end.....Hot!

A legal "doe" can have 3" or shorter antlers.

Antlerless Deer

Female deer, fawns of either sex other than spotted fawns, and male deer with an unbranched antler on one or both sides which is not more than three inches in length (CCR T14-351(b)).
Thank you for that information.
@PyroTekRob . Are you in San Diego or up a little north? If its San Diego I believe you are talking about an A-22 tag and not "A zone" tag correct? If your near LA I think its A-31 or A-32...not sure. Know the difference. An A-22 is the either sex tag for the D-16 zone. An "A zone" tag is for the "A" zone of California which is up north from us here in San Diego. The A-22 is a great tag as it really extends your season from first Saturday in Sept up til Dec 31.
Yes correct. A-31 is what we have. Considering a left over A-22 also. I figured "A" archery only was same all over just broke into zones 22, 31, 32, ect. Good to know there is a difference, thank you.

Rob,

Please read the Big Game Regs…..Hate to hear you got a citation, when it could've been preventable (and it happens every year)....A-31 does not open till Sept 22nd.

Reactions: d16ridgehiker
Rob,

Please read the Big Game Regs…..Hate to hear you got a citation, when it could've been preventable (and it happens every year)....A-31 does not open till Sept 22nd.
Thank you. I know the dates. Sep 22 - dec 31.

Ive read the regs. Sorry i called it A zone. Its a A tag.

I know the season, and the area. I know A31 isnt the full D11 area as well. Stops at county line.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu