new to hunting here

cardonethebear

Nov 23, 2016
Murrieta, CA
hey guys, i'm new to hunting in southern california and am wanting to get into it when i get a rifle (ruger 10/22). i'm originally from georgia and have been before, just not out west. i live in murrieta. where is some good hunting property within 2 hours or so? thanks in advance

welcome to the site! hang around and make some friends and the info will flow.

just showing up and asking for good places to hunt is kinda like asking for a good place to go gold mine.

Do you have your hunter safety and hunting license yet?

welcome to the site! hang around and make some friends and the info will flow.

just showing up and asking for good places to hunt is kinda like asking for a good place to go gold mine.

Do you have your hunter safety and hunting license yet?
thanks! good point; i just want to know where i can legally shoot around here. i'm not a fan at all for indoor ranges.

Welcome to Socal. .. Good range to go shooting would bees canyon

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

i am going to guess you are a retired .mil
you can get on camp P and hunt, its pretty good too....
check out the http://www.sportsmansclub.net/
good guy and they can get your connected on the how and what.
you can see sch's own @just_ducky_1 with the ever elusive camp P gator on their home page

i am going to guess you are a retired .mil
you can get on camp P and hunt, its pretty good too....
check out the http://www.sportsmansclub.net/
good guy and they can get your connected on the how and what.
you can see sch's own @just_ducky_1 with the ever elusive camp P gator on their home page
not retired, but yeah i just got out. i went to the game warden the other day but go figure he's not there. i'll check back with him soon. thanks man!

Get onx app on your phone, it's almost mandatory here to figure out where and who owns land

Reactions: cardonethebear
Welcome to SCH.......Get yourself a shotgun......Way way more hunting opps in SoCal with shotguns vs rifles.

hey guys, i'm new to hunting in southern california and am wanting to get into it when i get a rifle (ruger 10/22). i'm originally from georgia and have been before, just not out west. i live in murrieta. where is some good hunting property within 2 hours or so? thanks in advance

Welcome, I'm new to this forum and to SoCal myself...I just picked up a Sig M400 and looking to do some coyote hunting if you're interested.
I'm getting my hunting license in January and being that I'm new to CA and don't really know anyone that hunts I figured I'd try this forum.
I agree that we can't just come on this forum and asks for spots but I did call BLM and the CA Game & Fish office. There's some areas that aren't too far but will take some research and scouting to make sure that we're legal and in the right spots. I'm working on getting some maps together but let me know if you're interested.

Welcome, I'm new to this forum and to SoCal myself...I just picked up a Sig M400 and looking to do some coyote hunting if you're interested.
I'm getting my hunting license in January and being that I'm new to CA and don't really know anyone that hunts I figured I'd try this forum.
I agree that we can't just come on this forum and asks for spots but I did call BLM and the CA Game & Fish office. There's some areas that aren't too far but will take some research and scouting to make sure that we're legal and in the right spots. I'm working on getting some maps together but let me know if you're interested.
sounds good to me man. send me a pm and we can figure something out

You're not too far from San Bernardino County. They put out a shooting map of the county that tells you where you can shoot and what firearms are (or aren't) allowed in the various areas. Wish all counties put out a map like this...

http://cms.sbcounty.gov/portals/1/fishandgame/2010_cnty_shooting_areas_final.pdf

...obviously doesn't give away anyone's secret spot, just tells you where you can legally shoot or hunt.

Reactions: Bonejour

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu