New to Palmdale, CA Looking for Tips

closerwalk

Jul 11, 2018
Hey Y'all,

I am new to Palmdale, I have done most of my hunting in AZ off the 17 near Cottonwood, Prescott area. However, I have recently moved to Palmdale, CA and would love some direction. I like to hunt Quail, Dove, Pheasant, Chucker, etc.. but I am really interested in Deer this year. But I would not turn down any good info on upland bird... :)

Anyone hunted near Bouquet Reservoir, or San Francisquito Canyon, or Near Dead Horse in Angeles Forest?

Or any suggestions for newb Deer hunter?

Thanks,

Ken

Reactions: Moves
Im a new Hunter, so I cant offer too much information. But the areas mentioned are D11. There are still D11 tags available. If you get or have your CA safety and hunting license you should be able to still get a tag for this coming season. We will be out that way as well, scouting for the next 3 months. And trying to pick off some jacks or cottontails. Havent tried birds yet.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Hey Ken Welcome to the site. Great for me to see guys from your area, that are closer to me. most of the guys are from down south and youll soon find out that some great hunting is down that way. My family has hunted deer in the north LA south kern and ventura counties for Many years. and im mostly a bird hunter now, as its getting harder and harder to put in the time needed to find new honey holes for deer in this area.

As for birds your in the right area for that. I have found quail and dove around palmdale every year as well as jacks and cottons and coyotes. for chukar you have to get further out up off the 14 or 395

Im a new Hunter, so I cant offer too much information. But the areas mentioned are D11. There are still D11 tags available. If you get or have your CA safety and hunting license you should be able to still get a tag for this coming season. We will be out that way as well, scouting for the next 3 months. And trying to pick off some jacks or cottontails. Havent tried birds yet.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Well if you not apposed to someone tagging along, I would love to get out and scout. That is kind of my plan, is to put in for a tag and scout until fall hits. Hit me up (pm me and I will exchange info.)

Reactions: PyroTekRob
Hey Ken Welcome to the site. Great for me to see guys from your area, that are closer to me. most of the guys are from down south and youll soon find out that some great hunting is down that way. My family has hunted deer in the north LA south kern and ventura counties for Many years. and im mostly a bird hunter now, as its getting harder and harder to put in the time needed to find new honey holes for deer in this area.

As for birds your in the right area for that. I have found quail and dove around palmdale every year as well as jacks and cottons and coyotes. for chukar you have to get further out up off the 14 or 395

Thanks for the welcome and the info.

Ken,

Welcome to SCH....Can't help you much on ANF (too young to remember where we hunted).....But you're in a great location to hunt upland....Rabbits, dove, quail, and chukar are all nearby.....Lake Isabella is not far either and lots of hunting around there as well....PM me for more concise spots of Kern Co.

Ken,

Welcome to SCH....Can't help you much on ANF (too young to remember where we hunted).....But you're in a great location to hunt upland....Rabbits, dove, quail, and chukar are all nearby.....Lake Isabella is not far either and lots of hunting around there as well....PM me for more concise spots of Kern Co.
PM'd you, thanks!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu